Followers

10/20/2014

Halloween Witch with Textures

Good morning, and here we are at another Monday. Yesterday afternoon I took some time to play catch up with all the blog visits I was so behind on, which made me feel more productive than usual. Have got to get me out of the lazy routine I seem to have fallen into. Have great intentions of creating a card, then I just don't get rountoit. Do you ever do that? I hope I'm not the only one that's guilty of that trap. Need to get caught up on some Halloween cards that should get in the mail soon.

Here's a quick card, using a previously created background from a play/experiment. I'm still working on the embossing paste techniques & trying to improve.


- mixed media paper (Canson #90) was colored with brush strokes & dibs & dabs of leftover inks, left to dry.

- added some gold embossing paste over a stencil. Let that dry. Came back with some black Dina Wakely paste over a leaf stencil. Finding that I don't like the harsh black, and also see in the photo were it didn't cover well. Can fix that with some black paint I think. Covered one place with a foil leaf (which is not showing well in the photo, but looks ok on the card itself). Thanks to Miss Brenda at Inkspired to Stamp for sending me these foil leaves and the acrylic leaf that is added to the tag  - along with the pumpkin showing to the side of the card.

- Witch image stamped on a snippet of white c/s, trimmed and used an SU tag punch top to create this tag. As you know, I don't do many tags. This image was small, so thought it would work this way. Colored with copics, some WoS for glitz; added all the embellies. The bat was a DH purchase of some dimensional Recollection products - and {sigh} will require extra postage.

- sentiment stamped with Memento Espresso Truffle, punched with a SU punch, edged with DI colors in Scattered Straw & Spiced Marmalade as it was way too white (part of the same snippet that the witch was stamped upon). If you should have any questions about products, let me know.

In the meantime, have a wonderful Monday. Thanks for visiting, and big hugs.

35 comments:

  1. Love the background on this Mary - and that foil leaf is beautiful!!! So fun and cute for Halloween. Very pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, what a fantastic creation....love it and you sure made me smile.xxx

    The Journey is the Start


    ReplyDelete
  3. Your witch is so happy looking. She must love the pumpkin she picked out. I love what you did with the leaves and the embossing paste looks good. I love the texture that embossing paste gives. Even your bat looks cute with it's little ears perked up! Fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love Halloween and this card is just so much FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun, Mary!! The witch is adorable!! I love all of the details and texture!! The leaves look amazing!! Gorgeous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Mary. But I have never done a Halloween card. Have a lovely evening. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Mary

    I am with you there, I have lots of good intentions but nothing seems to get done.

    A brilliant and fun Halloween card.
    An adorable witch and cheeky bat.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice card. I like the different colours.

    Don't think Halloween is as big a deal here, as it is for you guys the other side of the pond.

    Hope you've had a good start to the week. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card! Love the little witch and bat. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super work Mary, love the background and the witch and bat are great!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun Halloween creation Mary, great image and background. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary,
    ooooooooooo what a really lovely spooky card.
    Love your fab creating of this, and the super tag and the lovely iamge and colour.
    It does one good to have a few lazy days now and then.
    Refreshes the batteries so to speak.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not into Halloween here in this part of Scotland.
    Love what you have done on this, great image and great design.
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Mary,
    thank you for your kind comment on my blog. It is so nice when people take the time to say a few words.

    I love your textured Halloween card and the sentiment made me laugh!

    I am also guilty of getting into the lazy trap and because I have two blogs it is very hard to juggle both!
    Hope you have a fab week.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great coloring on your witchy tag! I love the metal looking leaves and especially that fun little bat too! WD!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant Halloween card Mary, love the witch and your embellishments..
    never done a Halloween card.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant card Mary, fabulous background, great image and love the sentiment.
    Yes I am also guilty of not not getting round to making a card that I promised myself that I must do today, one of the main reasons I really like to get ahead with Christmas cards because of all my December birthdays.
    Have a good week.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fab creation Mary! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute one Mary and I really like that background. Hugs Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. great card love the fun witch and great texture
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Mary, Love your card, fabulous textures and the witch is brilliant, terrific embellishments.
    I've never made a Halloween card, not really much call for them here, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Mary, First of all, thank you so much for the very lovely comment you left on my blog!
    And this is a fab card! I love the colour and texture of the background (I've recently started playing with embossing pastes and such too. So much fun!) and that is such a super image. Love the leaves too. I have a heap of the metallic ones, and never really had a clue what to do with them, so thanks for the inspiration! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. A really lovely fun card Mary, especially that sentiment which made me laugh. The image is cute and love all the embellishments you have added. x

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's one happy looking witch, Mary! Love all the texture, the sentiment and that bat! What a great Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card Mary, I like this witch image the testure and the embellishments
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun card - so many great embellishments! Love your stencilled embossing paste - I have been wanting to try this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely adorable Mary.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh the textures on this are just fabulous, Mary!!! And that image is so fun. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. No call for Halloween cards here mores the pity, this is such a fun card with all those great embellishments. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your happy witch Mary! This is such a fun card. And yes, the same thing happens to me too - a little too often for my liking!! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  31. So cute and such a lot of fun, Mary!!! Love your adorable little witch and the sweet embellishments!!!

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mary this is such a cute card and that witch is so cute! Love the background and all the texture.
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a fun Halloween card. She is one cool witch!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. So clever and very "arty", love the effect you have achieved.

    Glad you are "back to work" LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Momma Mary, you used a tag on your card!!! Is that the SU tag punch? It looks fabulous! I love your witch, she is so fun. I also love the leaves and the acrylic leaf and the texture paste design. Looks ever so cool! No you aren't alone in the lazy mode and not getting cards done. I'm right there with you and the weather isn't helping me any either. lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete