Followers

7/16/2013

Thank You

Good afternoon and welcome. Come sit a spell & let's chat... It's another hot one in our area today. Had some errands to run, and was happy to get back home in the coolth. Fortunately we were able to park close, so it was a fast trot from the car into a cool building.

Last night I played with Dylusions sprays again. Used a 140# watercolor paper, spritzed it with water - then spritzed some of the pinks, red & a bit of yellow over this; mopped up excess ink with a roll of paper toweling. Let it dry for a bit, then used a pretty Hero Arts Flourish stamp that I've had for a while, inked with Versamark, heat embossed with Hero Arts White EP. There are a couple of places on the flourish where it is not as white as in others, and I'm thinking perhaps I didn't let the sprayed piece dry as long as it should have. But I liked it anyway, and stamped the flower image (which I think is Memory Box) using Memento Rhubarb Red.

Then used Memento Gray Flannel to sort of over stamp the flowers. The leaves were stamped with one of the Inkadinkadoo Gear sets - just adhered to a clear block - using Memento Tuxedo Black. I did like the results. The w/c paper seems to me to be a bit too heavy for a card, so I'm going to get some 90# water color paper & try it. The square piece didn't fit on the card well, so I diecut a Memory Box Scalloped border using Glitter Paper. Did a couple forward & back rolls through the Big Shot, and to my pleased surprise, it cut very cleanly on this thick paper. All that was necessary was punch a couple of pokeys in the holes. Because the w/c paper is thick, I didn't like the 'edge' between the glitter paper & w/c paper, so I cut a thin strip of black glitter paper to cover those edges. Cut the Memory Box thanks die out of the same black glitter paper. And called 'er finished.

This was a kind of fun card to make. I am enjoying those Dylusions sprays, but I need to remember to put gloves on. It stains your fingers & nails - although it does wash off fairly easily.

Hope you like this one. Thanks for checking in this afternoon, and stay cool, if it's hot where you are in the world. Hugs

12 comments:

  1. Hope that you were able to stay cool.
    Love the card you made, the colours are brilliant.
    Hope you have a great week.
    Hugs
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Mary, I like the wonderful colours and the border edges.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sensational!!! I LOVE those colors you used and the flourishes are beautiful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so pretty and it sounds like you had a lot of fun playing with some dylusions; it's so bright and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so pretty and summery! sounds like you had a lot of fun getting inky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mary, you are so clever with those Dylusions! Your card is stunning and I really like the 'missed bits', they give it a real shabby chic appearance which I love! Gorgeous work. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous Mary ! love the colours and the flourish stamp. I have a couple of flourishes by Hero Arts, you've inspired me to get them out for play ! Cheers, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the richness of the colours and the pretty flourish details.
    Heather T

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beutiful colours Mary, fantastic effect with the stamping and embossing too. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh Mary, this card is gorgeous! I love that beautiful background you have made with the inks and that flourish is so cool looking embossed on top of the inks! Love the stamped image too! Then the punched sides just finishes this card off perfectly! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful colors and layered stamping! Love the scalloped edges and the narrow strip of black accentuates them so well!

    ReplyDelete