Followers

7/13/2013

Thank You and Anniversary Blog Candy winner

Good afternoon. Thank you all so very much for the sweet comments yesterday helping us celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. As days go, it was quiet (we like quiet, so that was ideal!). In the evening, we went out for dinner with my #2 brother & SIL. We left in a heavy rainstorm, and on the way to the restaurant, had to backtrack, take another route, as a tree had blown down over the road. My SIL commented that every time we go out to eat, it seems as though it's raining. It had ended when we left the restaurant. We had not wanted a big party, but had planned an extensive trip out to some of our National Parks. However, some other things got in the way of that plan, so it's put 'on hold' for the moment. Not forgotten though!

Yesterday I was keeping track of the comments that came in, so I listed each one, numbering as to time it was posted. I had one post that came in on the sticky post (my fault for the confusion ....) on the 12th, so I included it in the count for the Random Generator, again using date/time as to the number sequence(it was #1). I had one last entry that came in about 2am on the 13th, but since I wasn't certain of the commenter's time zone, I also included that in the count. Tried to be fair to everyone who took the time to leave a comment. RG selected #7, and that number on my list was JIMLYNN. Count down time for the 48 hrs to contact me with your info, starts 7/13 at 1:30pm. So please leave a comment (and remember no one but me will see your private info) or if you have my email info, let me know how to get the candy to you. And CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you will like what I've selected.

Our deepest thanks to ALL who participated ...it helped to make our day very special...as did all the lovely cards & emails we received.

OK...here's a card to share today.

This one was hard to photo, due to the shine on the butterfly.

- diecut swirl is Memory Box Calypso Swirl, on a piece of watercolor paper, spritzed with Dylusions inks in blues & then spritzed with white. I had never diecut w/c paper, so I did a forward & back pass to cut, and it didn't cut as well as usual. I added a metal shim underneath the die & paper, did another double pass, very carefully as it was a thick sandwich. Didn't want to break the Big Shot. It cut very well, except in 2 small places, where I had to snip with scissors. Still very happy with the result....Just learned that one must experiment with the thicker weight paper.

- Butterfly is a Stampendous Sticker - had for a couple years. Used leftover package acetate (snippet!)
which I had colored with various shades of blue alcohol ink...cut out with the scissors. It turned out very pretty I thought. Added some tiny pink pearls for the body.

- Border was a Recollection border punch, found on my recent trip at a Michael's, on sale. (doesn't cut all that great either. Had to fuss with it as it doesn't seem to like thin paper or the better quality cardstock. I like the design though.)

- Sentiment is a clear PBlack stamp using Memento Sweet Plum, diecut with S/B Fancy Framed Tags One, also found on my trip.

- all papers are from various K&Co packs that I've had for a while.

I had a question about the border on the Rose Thank You card posted here... That border was one of the newer EK Success border punches that I found in Michael's...I don't know the name, but I'll take a picture of it, and post it, if that will help anyone who wants to find it. It cut quite well, as opposed to the Recollection one I used here.

So thanks for visiting today, and hopefully Jimlynn will see this post and contact me within the 48 hr window. Hugs & have a wonderful afternoon.



22 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and congrats to the blog candy winner!

    Chris B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary. Gorgeous card. Love the butterfly - beautiful colors and love the transparency of it.

    So happy to hear you had a lovely dinner out to celebrate your big event! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow! This card is stunning Mary! I love that butterfly and the swirls! The border is beautiful too! Such stunning papers Mary, I bet that shimmer and shine is really pretty in person! Glad to hear that you had a wonderful dinner out with family on your anniversary! Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Mary, pleased you had a wonderful special day. Congratulations to the Candy winner too. Take care x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, this is simply gorgeous! Love the shimmer and shine of that beautiful butterfly. LOVELY!!!
    Glad y'all had a great dinner - even if the weather wasn't so great.
    Very excited about winning the blog candy! You're a very special lady to offer up such a wonderful prize!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a lovely evening :) Lovely card, the die cut and the butterfly look amazing, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you and hubby Mary - and hope you have many more anniversary's - hugs Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you and your dh. What a great mile stone to achieve. I so enjoy reading your blog and all about your trips. And your creations are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated Anniversary! I am sorry I missed the occasion...rushing about like amad woman here...trying to learn this darned Windows 8 so I can set up some pasts on auto release.
    Can't for the life of me figure out how to download photos from my memory card. They download but I can't find them! Took about 4 hours to do a post last night!

    Arggggh!

    Love your pretty card...the butterfly is gorgeous! So delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many congratulations to Lynn on her win. Congratulations again to you and hubby and love your beautiful card today Mary, that butterfly is just stunning! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful card! Love your butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary,

    It's been raining here too. We need it so badly though so I'm not going to complain. Your evening out sounds perfect. Also, am glad you are putting the national parks trip on hold and not cancelling. If you head this way to go the Grand Canyon please let me know.... you may be driving through Albuquerque and I could come down and meet you!

    I sent you an email a few days ago with an update on what's going on with me.

    Happy Anniversary and congratulations to the candy winner!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice card Mary, lots of work as usual with your cards. You have to do the National Parks in SD & WY, we had a great 3 weeks a couple of years ago

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card as usual and lots of work as you do with all your cards. You have to do the National Parks in SD & WY ,we did the one trip in 3 weeks time and another in 2 weeks time in AZ & UT! Have a great day. Congratulations to JIMLYNN

    ReplyDelete
  15. You created a beautiful butterfly & card from the sticker. Thanks for all your comments over at my blog :) Cheers, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Mary. So happy your Anniversary all went well. A friend of mine is just back from a US National park tour and enjoyed it immensely. I hope you are able to get everything together to do your own tour.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ah Mary you are doing well, love this card really beautiful work!!

    .. and big congrats to the winner too for a very generous candy God bless you and DH with many more years of happiness and health to come, Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Mary. The butterfly is so pretty. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a beautiful card and in one of my favourite colours too.
    So pleased that you had a nice (if raining day) on your wedding anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a stunning butterfly card, Mary! Congratulations to Lynn on the win, which makes a lovely little poem!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations to the winner! Also happy belated Anniversary to you and your hubby of 50 wonderful beautiful years! And lastly what a gorgeous card! I love purple!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, Mary! What a stunningly beautiful card! Congratulations on your Golden wedding. A wonderful milestone - we are approaching just half of that!

    ReplyDelete