Followers

7/02/2013

Road Trip

Good evening, Friends. What a delightful afternoon I just spent at the most lovely store...Absolutely Everything, in Topsfield, Massachusetts. This wonderful store is about an hour from where we are visiting, and I had found the store some years ago, last time we were up in Mass. Due to one thing & another, it's been at least 3 yrs since I've been here on a visit, so I had a promise from DH that we'd go back to the store. This afternoon was the day! (see me Happy Dancing!). Used the trusty GPS (plus I also printed out map directions from Google). Fortunately, the 2 guides matched for the most part. After exiting the interstate, we meandered through quaint & well kept New England towns like Andover, Lawrence & I can't remember the rest.

Folks, let me tell you: It was FUN in this store! I didn't know where to start first. There were several very friendly & helpful ladies who would point me in the direction when I would ask "Do you have....?" and off I'd go with a cute little basket on my arm. Filled up one basket, and Mr. DH kindly brought me another one.
I spied Gelli plates, and I know that a lot of you are doing amazing backgrounds with Gelli plates, so at least I knew what the thing was! Miss Kate, the store owner, gave me the most incredible demo. I wish I lived closer so that I could partake of some of the technique & fun classes this store offers;  after handing over my credit card, it's probably just as well we live so far away!!

If you check out the link, the ladies informed me that it's free shipping if your order is over $25. Don't know how that works with international customers, but it's worth an email to ask. Well, with all the wonderful goodness they have in stock, you could spend $25. in a flash! I got some new Elizabeth Craft dies (you know how I love those sentiment dies). I think they must stock just about every die company I know about...and I drooled over all of them! I only picked up a few 6x6 paper packs - didn't even look at the 12x12 loose papers, and there were tons. I knew I dare not. Found some of the Dylusions colors I am missing, some Northwoods Stamps, some of the new Penny Black stamps, oh...way too much to describe here.

Now if I can just get all the supplies sorted, stored and remember what I have, you'll see some of the goodness later on. There was also a bakery in the same plaza, and DH walked over to get some goodies of another kind. Then he got back in the truck, took a nap, and let me enjoy shopping. Which I did. Immensely!

That's it for today. Hope you had a crafty happy day wherever you are. Many hugs and thanks for popping in.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lot of fun shopping Mary, what a considerate hubby too :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you're having a fabulous time mary. as i was reading 'a cute little basket,' i thought i wouldn't have such control, but then i read how you got another basket so now i don't feel so bad about my habit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds divine! I always love those Elizabeth dies you use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Mary, sounds like you found a gold mine! It thought it was too cute that you filled up one basket and Joe brought you another!! Dwayne would have shoo'd me out the store. lol Glad that you got in there and enjoyed drooling over everything!! Now I can't wait to see what you do with your new goodies!! Happy Birthday to Mary!! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete