Followers

7/10/2013

Miscellaneous

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig! Welcome to my little corner of Blogland. We got back after a safe & uneventful drive back from New England to South Carolina. It's always fun to go visitin', but also equally delightful to be back with your own 'stuff' once more. I'm a great traveler, just want to be back in my own bed each night. Haven't figured out how to do that just yet (and No, I do NOT wish to own an RV either!...couldn't afford the petrol required for one thing..LOL). DH is now unpacking the pickup, so if I can get all the laundry done up, deal with the tons of mail we have --some are bills that need to be handled as they are fast coming due...I will try to take some photos of the lovely treasures I found in 2 different wonderful stamp stores. Yes, we did stop at Betty's in Greensboro, NC yesterday afternoon. It was a bit off our route home, but DH was sweet enough to go along with my request. He even paid for it while I was in the classroom having Betty show me her Art Journal using Dylusions Ink, so I don't know how much I spent (yet!). I did try to be restrained, since I had awready been to Absolutely Everything, in Topsfield, MA. Not to mention several Michaels' stores along the way.

Also sorted quickly through the mail, to sift out junk mail from the important stuff (like bills), and found some wonderful birthday cards that probably arrived the day we left (which was my birthday BTW). And a lovely 4th of July card from my sweet niece Julie.

I'll try to share those later today if I can get through with the chores that really must be done after traveling. So goodby for now, and thanks for checking in.

Hugs

9 comments:

  1. Glad you're back and had such a wonderful time!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have you home safe and sound, Mary! You'll have heard that your mission was successful across the pond and I thank you again for that! I've also enjoyed your travel journal and pictures; sorry I didn't have time to comment on each, but I did love that you shared them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back home Mary, bet it does not take you long to be 'back to normal' again x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary,

    Glad you're home safe and sound! I've always thought I'd like to have small RV and travel around the US - with my dogs, of course. And now I have Poppy, who would need a smaller cage!

    I need to sent you an update (via email).

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your back safe and sound. Happy belated Birthday to you. Those shops sound like a good place to spend time and money in. Preferably your time but someone else's money. Lol. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, sweet friend! It's late here but you did my heart good with this post - and also your huge part in the RAK - which I'm still reeling from!

    Love and hugs

    'Miss' Di
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm like you, love to be in my own bed, and yet love to travel! Can't wait to see some pictures! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi mary, i tried several times to comment yesterday, and i don't know why i have trouble with blogger. anyway, sounds like you had a wonderful time away, but i agree that it's always so nice to get home. have fun playing with all your new crafty goodies.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi mary, i tried several times to comment yesterday, and i don't know why i have trouble with blogger. anyway, sounds like you had a wonderful time away, but i agree that it's always so nice to get home. have fun playing with all your new crafty goodies.
    linda

    ReplyDelete