Followers

7/21/2013

Hello

Happy Sunday. Our temperature and our humidity level are about the same! We have some glorious sunshine outside, but I think it is quite hot & muggy, so I'm staying inside where it's cool. Have a few kitchen chores to accomplish here in a few, but first a card to share. I intended to post this card yesterday, but we went out for a while. The outing included a stop in our local AC Moore, where I found some water based markers with a brush tip and a tiny tip on sale. Picked up 2 different colorways as the tiny tip would be super for outlines in tiny areas such as flower stems. Tried both packages out last evening, and sadly, they are going to be returned. Over 1/3 of the markers in each set of 12 seemed very dry. Even on sale, dry markers are not a bargain! Very disappointing. Upon returning home, it had clouded up for a storm to roll in, and the light was kaput. I didn't want to drag Ott lights around for photography, the recliner looked very inviting, so....here 'tis today.


The image had been colored for a while, but I believe this was a PSX stamp, colored with copics. I went over it to add a bit more contrast in some areas. Hmm, could this be considered a snippet?

The image & cardbase Diecut with S/Binders Classic ovals, in sizes that would fit compatibly together for a window aperture. The cardbase has some dimensional foam to raise the cardbase off the image surface. Frame diecut with S/Binder Floral Ovals in a snippet of green dotted paper.

Sentiment is Elizabeth Craft die in the same green dot paper snippetity stuff.

So, I've heard about water guns, (non-destructive, just cooling & fun), goats, trampolines and other odd assortments over at the Playground. I don't know about you, but I have to check out this mayhem. Might look up a hard hat to shield the sun rays, but it might come in handy for other kinds of protection too. Grab something cool & liquid, and com'on along to Pixie's Crafty Workshop Playground, Week 82 and see what those crazy crafters have going on. There's sure to be some lovely cards to enjoy, even if you don't join the A Team water fights, want to ignore the goat, and just jump on the trampoline.

Thanks for joining me this morning, and have a lovely afternoon...Hope you can stay cool where you are. Hugs.

13 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Love your wonderful image. Great colors and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, this is so pretty, I love sunflowers, they look so happy and bright! This is a gorgeous frame too :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your coloring Mary! The bucket/pail and flowers look very realistic. I love PSX stamps and have some myself. I also signed up to Heather's site because it IS beautiful there. Thanks for referring me! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Mary, I like the floral image, and the frame.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh lovely snippetty work there Mary!! and well done on your 'onorable mention in the playground for your wonderful card below :D Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Mary - beautiful sunshine colours and wonderful colouring. Love the aperture too.

    That's bad luck about those markers - I had problems when I first got my whole set of Pro Markers but stuck to my guns and had eight replaced!!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS

    In today's post there's a link to Kim's blog - if you want a giggle then do go and see :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Mary . . . what a gorgeous sunny card . . . just right for your weather and ours! Look out . . . I think Mrs A's gunning for you . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful & cheery design Mary. Fantastic colouring of the sunflowers! Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being spotlighted in the playground last week!

    What a pretty image you coloured...it looks so realistic! Love the apperture and the fancy oval around it...
    You have lots of those wonderful word sentiments...I bought the Happy Birthday one you use and i will have to search out for this hello once I get home from England in the Fall.
    I am such a crooked stamped that I think these dies would be perfect for me!

    So far I have managed to find the one I described above and several Christmas word ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Mary, this card is gorgeous!! I love the bucket of flowers!! And of course you have it colored up so beautifully!! Love the frame going around and the cute "hello"!! Awesome job my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Mary! What a bright and happy card. I love it!! I am kind of down and out for the count and don't know when I will get downstairs to craft again. I fractured my right hip - would you believe that last summer I broke my left hip!!
    We are still getting rain here in the mountains. A bucket of sunflowers - I can't think of anything more divine!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty pot of flowers, Mary! This is so bright and cheerful! Hope you didn't get sprayed!

    ReplyDelete