Followers

7/27/2013

Get Well

Hello and Welcome. 

This is another in my Get Well cards even though it says Hello in the sentiment. If I need it for a Thinking of You or Happy Birthday occasion, I can change it with the inside sentiment added later.

This card was an attempt to use a design from a 12x12 paper. I have a lot of the larger paper stacks, never really know the best way to utilize a pretty design on a card, and I don't scrapbook. Looked at this bird paper for quite a while, decided to give it a go. (I have a hard time cutting into a design, not really knowing what I'm going to do with it. So this one sort of evolved as I went along. Remembering that I had the birdcage die was a help).


Paper is from a large K & Co pack that I've had stashed away. Trimmed off a 5 3/4 slice of the paper - to be sure I had enough to cover the standard card front.  Die cut the robin & flowers with S/B Adorning square from the bottom part of the paper where the robin was. The red faux mat is from another large stack created by tracing the S/B outer frame used to cut the robin. As always, I removed the inside of the red mat using a S/B square, so I have that piece to use later. (I think I shall call these paper stacks NBUS - Never Before Used Stuff).

Used top part of the robin paper to cover the card front. I cut the paper just a tad too short on the length, so used an MS checkered punch (another oldie) as border trim to cover a white space at the top of the card.

Impression Obsession Birdcage (NBUS) die cut from a remaining piece of the red paper, as was the Elizabeth Craft sentiment.

Memory Box blue bird die cut from a paper snippet that had been made with Twinkling H20's. Gold chain die cut from snippet used for some gold holly leaves on an earlier card.

I rather liked the opportunity to make a card and not have to stamp & color. I hope you'll like this one. It's a good feeling to know I have a few cards ready in the event I need one, as I tend to scurry around at the last minute to do something. Sort of 'takes the pressure off'.

Stay cool if it's hot where you may be. Hugs


10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bird! Great use of that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect combination of dies and paper. This is a beauty of a card Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like it very much Mary. The paper is beautiful and I love how you added the birdcage. A really beautiful card. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Mary, I like the bird and the cage.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, this is so pretty and I love the way you used the bird cage! I'll be catching up with all your cards now.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Mary, I love this card! I always have a hard time with large pattern papers too, but you have used this one so well! That bird cage die goes so perfect with the robin!! Just beautiful!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea Mary and a great card. Love the cage with the bird. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Mary - very creative!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean about the joy of making a card that isn't labor intensive, but it looks awesome! That bird paper is very pretty! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a pretty bird and a great card for the finished cards box!
    I love making bird themed cards too!

    ReplyDelete