Followers

7/26/2013

Get Well

Happy Friday and Welcome. I see that I've some new followers via Bloglovin, but I don't know how to access it so as to find out who you might be. So thanks for taking time to follow this blog, and perhaps leave a comment if you see something you like. It makes my day to read the comments, and find that someone enjoyed seeing what I've created. Fridays are usually good days here at our house. Think it is a throw-back to when we worked & looked forward to the week's end. Even when we had to work on the weekends, it still was a big boost when Friday arrived.

Here is the card I have to share today. I decided to get some Get Well cards ready, so that when I need one, all that needs done is to add an insert and then mail it.



 

The image had been stamped quite a while back, but I believe the stamp is a Penny Black image.  Colored with Copics, added some shimmer with Spica pens; then rubbed some Diamond stickles over the umbrella and the rain coat. IRL the stickles show some gold flecks. Glossy Accents on his rubber boots and also on the puddle created a shine. Used a Gel Clear Stardust pen on the raindrops. When  choosing colors for this cute little bear, I wanted something very bright & cheery.
 
Diecut image with the largest of the S/Binder Labels 8. Used the same die to make a shaped cardbase.

While the image was still in the die, I sponged on some DI Stormy Sky.
 
Computer generated sentiment was diecut with a S/B tag die from the Pennant set, added a green rhinestone and called this one done. All it needs before sending is to add a shaped insert.
 
Have a wonderful day, and thanks for joining me. Hugs
 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Mary,

    What a cute card - he definitely reminds me of the Paddington Bear.

    I'm actually visiting some blogs today - what fun. I treated myself to some dylusions sprays so will be getting inky this weekend! Yay.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary. Adorable image ... and your coloring is amazing. Great details with all the special touches you've added. Loll

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...this is adorable, Mary! So cute :) Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm with you on the Bloglovin'. Says I have followers, but don't know who :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is a wonderful image Mary and your colouring is excellent. Love the shape of the card too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Mary. I have always loved that sweet image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cheery card Mary, love the shape. Your colouring is gorgeous too :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awh! This is the sweetest image, Mary! So beautifully colored with the bright, cheery colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Mary - that little bear looks so cute in his yellow slicker and such a sweet duck. Rain during the night and cloudy today!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Mary, this card is too cute!! I love the shape of it and I love that sweet image!! You have colored it so perfect and professional looking! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This image is a real sweetie! This is a wonderful get well card!

    ReplyDelete