Followers

7/15/2013

Get Well

Welcome and hope that your Monday has been a good day so far. We've gone from overcast skies, with a sprinkle of rain, to bright sunshine, with some gray clouds lurking about. So far our morning has been quiet & relaxed. My way to start the week.

One of our New England friends is under the weather, so I made a card for her last evening. Here 'tis.
 

The image was colored with copics some time ago, and I don't remember the stamp particulars. If anyone wants to know the name & mfg, I can hunt it up. Matts are snippets  from other projects. The butterfly is the reverse side of the green matt paper(snippet), and was a small Cheery Lynn diecut, with tiny pink pearls for the body.
 
Diecut the image with a S/B square, sponged edged with DI Bundled sage. I got a blub up at the upper left corner, where I put the applicator down without starting from outside...(you know, the kind that you keep rubbing around on it, make it look worse...so I added the butterfly to camouflage it).
 
The green border was embossed with an Anna Griffith rose EF, also same paper as the matt...same side too.(more snippets
 
Lilac ribbon was chosen as it is similar in color the flower petals (which really did need more contrast in their coloration...something I constantly work on...to get more contrast in my coloring). 
 
The Get Well sentiment is from a new set of sentiments I found on my recent travels (Die_Versions, Everyday Complements). There are many sentiments on this die, so I thought it was worth the price. I diecut using anotherlarger snippet of white c/stock, colored with yellow green copic colors to bring out the greens in the card. I've learned to leave the diecut in the paper, makes it easier to color. So now I have plenty of other diecut sentiments to use later.
 
Thanks for popping by to visit, and have a wonderful afternoon. For myself, methinks I shall zip over the Pond to the Playground , to enter this card - and see if anybody is in the Duck Pond cooling off. Won't you come along? I've had an earlier quick peek, and there are some gorgeous cards; which need to be enjoyed more slowly. Some of those fab Ryn stamps have been used on some of the cards. If you're not familiar with Ryn stamps, oh my, you are definitely missing out on something wonderful. Hugs

15 comments:

  1. Your card is a real beauty Mary, I love that flower and you have coloured it beautifully. It should cheer your friend up. I agree about Ryn's stamps, they are amazing. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just doesn't get any prettier than this one!! Love your shading on those leaves and flower. Such a beautiful image - and a beautiful card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very pretty, delicate looking card. I think the colouring is just right! The leaves look fab to me...

    Really like the Get Well die cut and thanks for the tip about leaving them in the paper to colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Mary, the flower is beautifully coloured. Butterflies are such great embellies for distress ink blobs aren't they! I regularly use them too LOL! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card mary and i think you did a fabulous job of colouring and shading. blob sounds like a technical term to me, although i'm not sure why you'd get them from colouring with DI. have you searched google for tutorials because there are a lot of them out there if you feel like you need them.
    hugs, linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card mary and i think you did a fabulous job of colouring and shading. blob sounds like a technical term to me, although i'm not sure why you'd get them from colouring with DI. have you searched google for tutorials because there are a lot of them out there if you feel like you need some visual directions.
    hugs, linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful card Mary. Oh how I giggled about your hiding the 'blub' :)

    The Playground is very hot and the air is still as can be (and it's bed time here). All that's left now the girls have gone home are some peacefully sleeping animals, a litter bin full of ice lolly wrappers and a few puddles from the water pistol fights :) But tomorrow is another day!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Mary! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beatuiful Mary. What a stunning flower and perfectly coloured.
    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful flower and colouring ! Stay cool, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an absolute beauty! Beautiful card and i'm sure your friend is going to love it!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary . . . I'm waving at you from the Playground Paddling Pool. Lovely get well card and sure to cheer up your friend.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary, such a pretty card and you are one of the best colorers....wish I could color that well. Have a great day.

    Chris B

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Mary this is a beautiful card! I love the stamped image and of course you have colored it so well. That little lacy butterfly is so pretty Mary as is the embossing and ribbon at the bottom of your card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful coloring on that lovely flower! Glad you flubbed and added the butterfly! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete