Followers

7/01/2013

Christmas



Hi and welcome. This is a scheduled post, which I hope will show up on 7/1 if I've done it properly. As you are reading this, I am in Boston, visiting some dear friends. It's always fun to come up to New England.
 
This is a card I had originally intended for Rudolph Day, but then I submitted  the Cottage Cutz Cardinal card posted earlier. This card was made from recycled bits on a Christmas card received in 2012. I liked it pretty well.
 
 
- Santa is backed with some pattern paper (a 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 Paper Studio), which you've seen me use on other cards. I like this rather tartan pattern, and it was diecut with a S/Binder Deckled Rectangle. The Mistletoe & Noel tags were just cut with scissors and adhered. The gold holly was diecut (a snippet of mirror paper) with a S/B Holly Accent piece, and has Viva Décor red berry in the center.
 
- Embossing folder was Darice Holly, over which I rubbed a  Delicata Gold ink pad, then embossed.
 
- Cardbase is dark red Paper Studio cardstock.
 
I think I've used all the front of this particular Christmas card now, so it can go in the trash. I'd use the white backing, but there's writing on the inside, so didn't want to use that, & chance having somebody read part of a personal message, should something come loose on a card!!! (Put the brain in gear before the Big Shot!).
 
Thanks for visiting today, and have a wonderful afternoon. Hugs.
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Glad your liking my stories as there are plenty more to come. Great reuse of a Christmas card. Are you sure you couldn't manage maybe some corners!! Lol. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, I like the recycled image and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card Mary! I love that you recycle your old cards Mary, you sure to breathe new life into them!! Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you recycled those images! VERY pretty in all that Christmas green too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete