Followers

7/22/2013

Birthday

Good morning, and here's the start of another week. Gosh, we've gone through more than half of 2013 awready. How can this be?

There's a birthday coming up in my family and so here's the card I have ready for my baby brother (who is 8 yrs older than I am!). I shared this card & story last year. When trying to think of a theme for his birthday, I remembered I had this Just Rite vintage stamp, hunted it up, stamped it in Memento Rich Cocoa on Xpress paper colored with copics. Spica glitter pens used for a bit of glitz here & there on the image.



- - Stamp is from the Just Rite Going Places Vintage Labels set.

- Diecut with S/Binders Labels 8 die, sponged with DI Aged Mahogany while still in the die.

- background created with various DI colors, then stamped in DI Tea Die with a script stamp

- dark brown twine tied before adhering the focal image which has dimensional foam to raise off the background. Rounded the bottom edges.

- sentiment is stamped with a tiny stamp in Memento Rhubarb, punched with a square punch; white pearls colored with the same copic dark red marker used for the trim around the image.

Hope my brother likes this card, enjoys a few childhood memories when he sees it, and I hope you like it too. Thanks for joining me today, and have a Blessed day. Hugs

9 comments:

  1. OMG Mary, what a wonderful Masculine Card! I love this card! And don't worry your not alone in the summer heat, it's really, really hot here in TX too.... :)

    Hugs
    Chris B
    http://thecardphilelady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary,

    Nice card! I love the old car and the colors that you've used. No, I can't believe half the year is over with! Wow. How time flies.

    hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Mary, i love the vintage car and the colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Mary! Love the colours you have used on this card and the car image is great. Well done you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, masculine card. Love the vintage look and rich colors!
    Thanks so much for the lovely comment on my cat card! I had to laugh at your comment. Our tree has been knocked over also. I learned very early on that glass ornaments were a big 'no no'! We used to set up the Christmas creche under the tree, until the cat would bat around all the figures then curl up and sleep in the stable. We sure do adjust our lives for our furry family members!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome card and i love that car image :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colours and fabulous design. That image is a keeper for sure!
    He is going to love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh Mary, this is one awesome masculine card!! Your brother will love it!! Heck I love it and I'm not a male. lol I can't believe 1/2 of this year is already over either, how do the months fly by so fast?!! Our heat wave has broken and the temps have went down, but we still have all the muggies, which is just as bad I think. Stay cool my friend!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful vintage car! Wonderful coloring and layout! I LOVE that background!

    ReplyDelete