Followers

7/11/2013

Birthday, July 4th

Hi there, and as promised, I'm back to share some lovely cards that were in the mail when we arrived back home. (well, I said I'd post yesterday afternoon, but it didn't work out that way). So without further palaver, here's the cards. I was so thrilled to receive these.

A delightful card from my talented friend, Gloria (who has a Silhouette, and I bet she made some of the elements on this card with the Silhouette). Isn't it adorable? The inside is also cute as well.

Another beauty from my also very talented blog buddy, Brenda...who is a Cricut guru. The inside is just as pretty as the outside....
My sweet niece Julie, sent us this 4th of July card. Alas, I only sent one out this year, and it was to our daughter.
The inside of Julie's card was also decorated. I should have taken pics of the interiors as well, but I'm still trying to get laundry done, so just photo'd the front view. I (we) are so lucky to have such talented folks who think enough of us, to spend their time making a special card. That makes me feel so blessed. Thank you to all of you! We loved each one of 'em, and what a treat to open after a long trip. Sure was much nicer than all the bills waiting on us!

The reason the laundry project is taking so long, is that we've had a lot of rain in our area. We have a septic tank, drain fields...so I'm trying to not cause a problem with running too much extra water into the system, since I know the ground is so saturated. Our area has not had any flooding, but according to the news, there's been some flooding in surrounding communities.

Thanks for joining me today, and hopefully I can get a card of my own ready to share pretty soon. I'm a slow unpacker. I'll also try to take some pictures of the goodies I brought home, when I can get that stuff unpacked.

In the meantime, thanks for joining me this afternoon. Hope you enjoyed the pretty cards too. Come again when you have time. Hugs and have a wonderful afternoon.

PS: DON'T FORGET...RANDOM GENERATOR WILL BE RUN TOMORROW SO I MUST HAVE A POST READY FOR YOUR COMMENTS. PLEASE SEE THE RULES FOR HOW THE RANDOM GENERATOR NUMBERS WILL BE SELECTED... AND I'LL NUMBER EACH COMMENT IN THE ORDER THAT IT COMES IN. (Oh I hope that made sense -- )

8 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, all the cards are lovely but I think the cherry pie one is so clever! What talented friends and family you have..... Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho nice to come home to handmade cards Mary. Hope your weather dries up soon x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary what awesome cards you received! I love the bug one, how cute that one is!!! I also love the one your niece sent to you, how patriotic that one is and you know how much I love red/white/blue cards! I love my country and I love my soldiers! lol Hugs my friend, I hope the flooding doesn't affect you and Joe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all gorgeous Mary,I like the sweet bug that is my favourite
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, what a treat to have such lovely cards to open when you got home! Hope your wet weather clears up soon :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute cards Mary! They made me smile!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and pretty cards from your friends!

    ReplyDelete