Followers

7/29/2013

All Occasion

Good afternoon at the start of another week. I've been trying to get some cards ready & scheduled to post as I have a second cataract surgery appointment this week. May not be on the pc for a few days afterwards.

Finally got myself busy yesterday afternoon and finished up my Spellbinder restorage project. Got all the dies out of their former cd & dvd containers (or the original plastic packing for quite a few of my collection) and placed onto magnetic sheets in Art Bin containers. Looks much neater & I hope it will be easier to locate a specific die. Heretofore, I've had to hunt through cd's/dvd's which were stacked or look through a box where the original packages were stashed. I've labeled the Art Bin containers as to "Labels", "Fancy Dies" "Holiday" "Flowers & Leaves", etc. On each sheet I used a label maker to note the die name, the S/B S- number and the number of dies. I'm still missing a large die that goes to one set. We'll see if this helps my disorganization & it was a good feeling to say "That task is done".

While doing this, I sat downstairs all afternoon & early into the wee hours watching some old Masterpiece Theater series that I've not seen since back in the mid-70's. One of which was Edward VII. I found it on Netflix - to which we recently subscribed - for the month's freebie to see if we like it. I'm liking it already! When I watched it over 30 yrs ago, I watched as weekly installment episodes. Yesterday it was lovely to watch an episode, then go right to the next one, & see what happened. This is a wonderful series if you have a chance to watch it. (and enjoy that kind of thing. I do!)

Anyhoo...here's my card for today:

- previously stamped image of a Stacy Stamp, cut out a 2nd image, adhered over top of the first image, after cutting with a S/Binder deckled rectangle die.. Used a YG03 copic marker to shade a bit over top of the green cattails. Sponged DI Sage Green around the edges while still in the die. I used a YG0000 to airbrush a little yellow-green on the background.

- Created a faux mat of a  green snippet; trimmed another green snippet with the Genesis cutter for another mat. Covered white cardbase with a navy blue textured Bazzill snippet. MS lace punch created the border from the same green snippet as the first mat paper.

Thanks for joining me this afternoon, and now I'm off to the post office to mail a birthday card. Hugs

15 comments:

  1. CAS and just gorgeous! Love the color and that lacy looking edge too.
    Good luck at the appointment - hope all is ok.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is a real beauty Mary, loving the green hues. Good luck with the surgery, hope all goes well and that you make a speedy recovery. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Mary, I love the grass image and the punched edge is gorgeous. Love the blue with all those greens, very soothing. Hope all goes well with your surgery :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary. Love the cattails done in green. Fabulous sponging and misting for the background. Lovely layered with the different shades of green and the dark blue base really is perfect.

    Hope all goes well this week for your cataract surgery. Thinking of you ... Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, really nice CAS Card and my favorite color too, lol.

    Hugs
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, really nice CAS Card and my favorite color too, lol.

    Hugs
    Chris Boldovici

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card design Mary, best of luck with the cataract surgery and looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful designs.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the surgery Mary - I dont really own enough dies yet to store them this way - just a small box really - love todays card - I just started a creation last night in shades of green - hope to finish it off later... Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card as always Mary! This is a lovely stamp...the image is great and as always you have done some wonderful shading!

    Hope everything goes well with your eye surgery and talk again lots in the fall.

    PS I found that EF you liked and sadly I did not write down the name but it is Cuttlebug! I looked online and it was not there...probably retired!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card and congrats on your organisation. Glad OT hear that date of op. knew it was last week in July but maybe you have not time to reply to my email asking date(wondered actually if you had the emails ok? as not like you then thought you must have had it :D). I can understand that only too well if not time.
    I have been praying lots for you and eyes and Dr too, and it will continue. ... and pray it will be better than last one was - mine was so pray yours is too, hugs and prayers dear friend, love Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card Mary. I love the layers and the shades of green. =)

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Mary, I like the bull rushes and the punched border, I hope all goes well with the op.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card Mary! I cattails are a great image and I just love the layers on this card as well as the color combos! Cut lacy border on the side too!! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you do this next surgery! Hugs my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Mary - tell me, when do you sleep, eat, cook, clean house, do laundry and work in the yard?
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you made good use of an UFO here, Mary! Such a beautiful, serene card!

    ReplyDelete