Followers

7/19/2013

All Occasion

Good morning, Hoo-ray for Friday (not sure it matters too much when you're retired, but I think it is a psychological thing - leftover from work days!). Welcome and here's another card to share, which I hope you will like.

 More Dylusions background...using the reds & yellow sprays. This time I used one of the Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions Stencils Luscious Leaves as well. Used DI Bundled Sage & a finger dauber to rub some DI over the stencil. I had intended to slice this piece into 3 strips, but didn't. Stamped the PBlack Constellations stamp with some new Memento Wedding Dress Luxe ink found on my recent trip to Absolutely Everything.  Did not seem to stamp well, (could be due to the sprays over the w/color paper...not sure). I ended up going with the Colorbox Frost Pigment ink, and it did a better job.  Added some Impression Obsession Leaf (F8786) in Memento Cottage Ivy, then another stamping with that ink using Inkadinkadoo Stamping Gear leaf - but just on a clear block. I'm attempting to learn 'layering'.

Since I had the MBox Lorelei leaf die out for the previous card, I hunted up some green glitter paper, diecut the leaf and the Elizabeth Craft sentiment. Added a sheer white bow - thought that was ENOUGH!

This card is going to a blog buddy who's had a rough patch. I hope she'll enjoy it, and remember I'm thinking of her, keeping her in prayer.

Hope you're having a good start on your weekend. I expect ours will be quiet...nothing elaborate in the plans. My kinda weekend. Thanks for stopping to look & come again when you can. Hugs

7 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card. I'm assuming that you stamped the background to get those wonderful textures and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Mary . The colours are glorious. Attempting to do some layering with a few leaf dies at the moment too. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this technique, Mary! I don't have any spritzes but I'm going to have to try to achieve this look with my inks or re-inkers. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Mary, I like all the stamps,and the wonderful colours.
    kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very professional, are u using templates:

    ReplyDelete
  6. These colours are stunning Mary, so vibrant. Beautiful effects with stamping and die cuts. I'm sure your friend will love receiving this :) Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Mary, this card is spectacular! I love that background with all the textures and colors! Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete