Followers

5/03/2013

All Occasion

Top o' the mawnin' bloggers, and sure Happy It's Friday!!!  I remember when I worked I was always so happy to see Friday come around - even though it was one of my busiest days usually. Many a year, I didn't get the weekend off, but psychologically, it still made my mood lift. As opposed to Sunday afternoon & night, when I'd sort of dread the start of the work week. Never thought I'd make it to retirement...But thankfully I did. And finally discovered card making. AND BLOGGING! What fun.

Now, a warm SC Welcome to a new follower, Scrappy Girl - http://scappygirltherapy.blogspot.com/. This linking is something I've seen on some other blogs, think it is a lovely thing to do, wish I had started doing it sooner! (Darnell, I sneaked your idea on this one! Thanks). Maybe if you have time, you can pay a visit to Scrappy Girl, who popped in here from the Playground.  You meet the loveliest crafters in the Playhouse, and psst...sometimes we get up to some good mischief. (all perfectly harmless of course!)

The card:

- technique was one from Maggie, who provided the instructions for brayering on glossy, then spritzing misty water onto plastic wrap, scrunching onto the piece, letting it dry. I couldn't view the UK video that demonstrated this technique, so Maggie was kind enough to type up instructions and email me. I have enjoyed trying this idea so very much, and still working to improve my hand at this.

- Stampscape Beach hut scene overstamped on the background; used a Q-tip dabbed into various Memento ink pads to get a bit of shading & color in the hut. Dabbled a bit of white pigment ink over the thatch, which IRL gives a misty morning look I thought.

- Diecut with S/Binder Label 29; faux cut mat with the outside of the same die - used Coordinations Black Pearl (from Joann's - in a pack).

- background papers were 2 Colorbox packs bought at a local Walmart for $5! (Cheap, but the patterns are pretty!) I had seen a card done by another blogger - and sorry I forget where, so I can't credit the cardmaker - but the papers were cut in a swirl. I liked it & thought these 2 papers would work well here...kinda sea-ish I hope!

- Lastly added a diecut Memory Box Swaying Palm (98330).

This goes under All Occasion cards 'cause I don't know what sentiment will go on it. Or maybe nothing outside, just put the sentiment inside. I like this one better than I thought I would when I started out. Hope you will too.

So glad you could visit today, and have a lovely Friday and great weekend. Hope to see ya again soon. Hugs.
 

2 comments:

  1. VERY pretty Mary! Love the way you added the palm tree outside the main image. Great card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary I love this card! I love how you did your scene, yes it looks like a misty morning at the beach!! I love that stamp!! Oh and I love, love that palm tree! You done good girlfriend!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete