Followers

3/07/2013

Miscellaneous

Hello & I have a one year Blogaversary today. I actually started trying to set up this blog on March 7, 2012, but my first 'actual post' was March 10. Boy, what a learning curve I was on, but it's been fun. I've met so many talented, creative - generous & sharing cardmakers. It's been such a joy. (Sometimes frustrating too, when I'd mess up & not know how to fix it). I was blessed very early on 'to meet' Miss Diane of Pixie's Playground; she was/still is, so helpful with explaining how to do things, fix things, make things look better! (lotta things there!) I know that she has helped other bloggers too. So a big THANK YOU  goes out to Diane for all her many suggestions and help to me over this past year. I've met a lot of folks in the Snippet Playground (see above link), who also helped, encouraged, and were just plain friendly. Who knew blogging could be this much fun??? Anyway, I've got some candy to give away to celebrate the occasion. Now I've been trying to think of how is best to do this. I've just mailed a box out for the occasion of my 100th follower - took me a while to get the right size box. I didn't want to pay for paper stuffing so that the contents were not sliding around, and the first box we thought would work, was waaay too large. If you've mailed anything recently, you'll know about the postage issues! But at least the goodies are on the way to their new home, & I hope they will be enjoyed. So I've decided that I'll run Random Generator on March 31 (God willing...) and let's see what happens. I say God Willing 'cause who knows what will be going on then. So here's what will be in the next box, and remember, I might throw in a surprise or two. I did the other one!

One Year Blog Candy
You can't really see it too well in the picture, but I included some pretty napkins at the bottom. There will be a couple of Memory Box dies, some embossing folders, perhaps a stamp or two. I hope it will be items that someone will enjoy if they win. These are still in the original packing as you can see, and the box they currently are in, will probably be the mailer. Unless I can find a better one!!!

So please bear with me on the days when I'm not posting daily, just got things going on (and remember I am a Lazybug too!). We've started going to a fitness center, not doing anything real strenuous...walking a mile, using some machines. But when I get home, I be one tired puppy. I know it's good for me, and we're trying to go 3 times a week. So once again, thanks for joining me, thanks if you've become a follower, and I love reading all the comments. Good or bad. I feel I can learn from all, and I always appreciate the suggestions you leave. I'll put the candy picture on the side bar too so you keep it in mind! Good night. Sweet dreams.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 1st bloggaverseary. Time flies when you have fun. I have just passed my third one but it got caught up in the goings on at home and fighting to keep a breast of things so I have yet to do a candy post. I spy a gorgeous seagull wooden stamp in your goodies. Yay!!!, your a lovely lady and I enjoy our emails to each other across the pond. May it long continue. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on reaching your First Mary (me too) and I know how much fun I have had! You have been a big help to me too, I have my new Vagabond thanks to your help. I certainly could not blog every day, I cannot make things that fast - lol. Your St Pat's card in the previous post is lovely Mary. Here's to another year of blogging! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, hope you have many more years of blogging!!!! Everything you create is just lovely and can't wait for more years of seeing all your creations!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on almost one year old blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow congrats Mary, somehow cos been popping over here for while now did not realise it was only a year you had been blogging, well done!!

    - your kind and encouraging comments on my blog have always been a great blessing.. so thank you for those as well from the bottom of my heart. Also well done an trying to look after yourself it is very important!

    this is one awesome candy - you are incredibly generous. May God bless you in your days and also bless whoever wins this sweet bundle, love in Him, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on blogging for one whole year Mary!!! I love all your cards that you create and think they are just the best! My box got here today and all I can say is wow,wow,wow! I think everything was in there except for the kitchen sink! What fabulous blog candy my friend and I love it all!!! I think who ever wins your anniversary blog candy is going to be one lucky person just like I was at winning your 100th follower blog candy! Thank you my fiend and big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on ur blog - anniversary .Ive hopped on over from Outlawz .. Look forward to mooching about xxx Hugs Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the blog winner and to you as well for a wonderful first year. I love visiting your blog and love that you are such a source of encouragement for me. Thank you for your support. Have fun at the gym, good for you.
    Hugs
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on the Blogaversary! Nice St Paddy's cards too!

    Hugs

    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the one year blogaversary! That is such an achievement and I am honoured to have found you as a bloggy friend!
    You are a delight to follow and to have as a follower...you are kind, patient, helpful, give GREAT directions and are always willing to give a hand to those who struggle. I wish you many more lovely bloggy years to celebrate and may your followers multiply in hundred folds! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary,

    Congrats on your one year anniversary! You hit the nail on the head; blogging is amazing! You meet so many wonderful and talented people. I've enjoyed our visits with eachother!!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes, our Miss Di is a treasure, did you see that she's got her name on Wikipedia now!! Congrats on the anniversary, I think I've been blogging for about 5 years now! Boy does the time fly!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. How awesome is a Blogaverasry... CONGRATS on your 1 YEAR!!!
    We do have a lot to learn during those first few posts. I have to say, I am still learning new things. Just as I get used to something, the technology gurus decide to change or try to make things better (not sure about the better part)..LOL!
    I have had the opportunity today to browse into some of your fabulous work and Thanks for sharing your talents with us. I love the inspiration and the wonderful way you share what you like and do not like when working with tools and supplies. So refreshing to here how one truly feels on a project they worked on.
    Thanks so much. Have a Beautiful and Happy Easter with family and friends. Hugs~Sandra V.
    http://OhMyScraps2U.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete