Followers

3/29/2013

Easter

TWO (2) MORE DAYS TIL BLOG CANDY DRAW*  See picture on the sidebar!

*I had a question about how to enter for the blog candy drawing. All that is necessary is to be listed as a follower of my blog, so that I can enter your name in my spreadsheet where I have numbers by each follower. When I run the random generator, I use #1 - to the last number that Blogger shows as my following. Then I check that number against the name in the follower spreadsheet listing. I will post that number on the 31st and ask the person to contact me via this blog with the mailing info. I have comment moderation turned on, so I will not publish personal info. The winner will have 48 hrs to contact me with the mailing information, and if not, I will run the Random Generator again!

Good afternoon, and Happy Good Friday. I have been reflecting today on the true meaning of this special day in the religious world. What a priceless gift Humanity was given, if only we choose to accept it.

Now for the card share today. This is my last Easter card (I think!) and is for Sweetie. The last time I tried a fold card, I got some suggestions for making a 'closure', so I tried one of them! Thanks to all of you who leave me ideas about how to do something, when I try new techniques. I appreciate it!!!

Double click to enlarge

 
- diecut is the large Memory Box Poppy Stamps Ornate Egg using a pearlized blue snippet
 
- paper trim is also snippets of Paper Studio left from a previous card
 
- yellow grosgrain ribbon from stash
 
- grass trim on bottom also snippets left on the desk from a border punch used on a previous card
 
 
double click to enlarge
 


- image from a Penny Black clear set, Garden Friends, colored with copics, on Xpress paper

- diecut with Marvelous squares. Green trim was cut with a smaller Marvelous square motif from a snippet of green paper

- background paper from a Paper Company pack "Farm House"

- trim on the interior fold pieces was also from a snippet of Paper Studio

- sentiment - stamped with Memento Grape Jelly on white snippet, punched out with a McGill yellow punch.

This card has lot of snippets so I guess it's a good thing I had not cleaned my desk or the piles of paper I have on several surfaces! I think DH will like this one. I was pleased with how it turned out.

Since I see that the Playground is still open for fun, I think I'll whisk away over there to see what the ladies are doing on such a fine Friday afternoon. I'm sure there is something interesting going on. Won't you come along? In the meantime, have a happy afternoon. See you next time.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Mary, what a fabulous Easter card - such a clever design and I adore the cute Easter Bunny holding the hat! Great colouring and I bet your Sweetie will totally love it. Super use of snippets too.

    Hope you're having a lovely Easter, hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely. That's a gorgeous egg diecut and such a cute inside. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment and becoming a Follower. I'm now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the ribbon closure. The egg die is fab too.
    Happy Easter to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Mary, I also like it when people help and encourage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, what a beautiful card Mary! I love that lacy egg die! And I love the beautiful egg paper you used! Your inside is as beautiful as your outside, love that cute bunny with the Easter bonnet! You have colored it perfectly!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete