Followers

3/12/2013

Easter


Good Morning Fellow Bloggers, and thanks for joining me. I'm posting today using Firefox, while still trying to isolate the 'odd links' problem that showed up in my post of yesterday. I worked last evening on another Easter card; DH had a suggestion for how I should do this one, so the design is to his credit. Any problems with execution...well, I have to claim credit for that!! He had seen the small flower images I had scattered on the desk, remembered a 'cut-out' card we saw at February's stamp show; said "Why don't you do a card like that?". Easy for him to say. I didn't have the right size punches to cut the 'windows', the Spellbinder circle dies didn't fit exactly right ...so I had to improvise. Here it is:


- cardbase is a lightweight lime green Bazzill from stash

- flower image was stamped, colored with copics last year; punched this year - with SU 1 1/2 circle punch

- blue mat diecut with S/binder classic circle small - trying to fit size to the SU punch

- yellow mat diecut with S/B classic circle small - again working with small & large classic circle set to get a 'fit'. Papers were from stash.

- sentiment layers cut with SU oval punches; stamp from SU Teeny Tiny wooden set using Memento Bahama Blue, turquoise rhinestone trim

- Cheery Lynn egg diecut with the yellow & blue papers. In trying to select which color I liked, found I liked the overlay look, so used both papers

- corner punch is from a largish Marvy punch that was one of my first ever purchases.

Thought about adding the same turquoise rhinestones on the centers in the egg - thought it might be a bit much, so didn't.

I used a S/Binders classic large circle to cut the windows on the cardbase, and the window is just a tad bigger than I wanted...Was the best fit of what I had available. This was another experiment just to see what I'd come up with! Sometimes you win, sometimes....well, I learn from all of it! Good or bad. 

Hope you have a lovely afternoon. Thanks for stopping to visit. Hugs

11 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, well done to your hubby! I love the shadow effect behind the egg die cut. Another really lovely card. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design by your husband AND great execution by you!!! Lovely card and those flower images are so pretty. Love the scoring on the side too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary,

    Now what a clever husband you have! I'd say you did a great job in the execution!! Love the flowers.

    Peace,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Mary and how smart is Joe?!! lol Look at him giving your design ideas, Go Joe!! I love the card, the images are so pretty, who doesn't love flowers of any kind?! I also love that lattice looking egg, so pretty, love the color combo. Tell Joe to start sketching his ideas and he will have a book that we all can buy!! lol Dwayne wouldn't have a clue and would never go with me to a Stamp Show, I say you are a lucky gal my friend! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful Easter card, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary,

    Please pop over to my blog. I nominated you for the Liebster Award!! Congratulations.

    Peace,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Giving "snaps" to your DH for helping you out!! Love the card, it turned out geat!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I think it turned out lovely! I love Easter cards! Hope you have a great weekend Mary! Thank you by the way for your blog growing encouragement. I actually grew by three today :)
    Thanks for all your kind words
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. first time in your blog....sorry to hear that you had problems with your posting ...I had a lot of those too...keep learning on blogging and in no time you will be an expert...Ha! my husband sometimes too says: "why don't you do that?" :) and it turns out to be a very difficult project easy to say..
    ok good luck blogging...
    bibiana
    My Personal blog: http://stampingwithbibiana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hubby has good taste Mary, but I like how he walked away and left you to get on with it! Hope you got your linky problem sorted out. I have to say I've only ever had ONE problem with Wordpress in all the years I've been blogging (and that was their problem when they had a hardware issue but fixed it in a few hours). I glad I went that way and not with blogger.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. And a very good design it is...iI like the sort of 3D look of the fretwork egg. It is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete