Followers

3/24/2013

Christmas, Rudolph

Hello, and thanks for joining me. Today is the big day over at Sandra's Stamping for Pleasure. The Challenge opens on the 25th of each month & runs until the end of the month. There's some goodies for prizes, so if you can, hop on over to look at the projects that are entered, and perhaps even jump right on in yourself. There's a Rules tab at the top of the page to make it easy to enter.  Here goes with my entry for this month:

- Stampabilities Nutcracker stamp (got on sale just before this past Christmas). Used Copic Xpress paper & copic markers, with a Spica pen or two for a touch of glitz. Also added a touch of Glossy Accents on the blue of the hat, belt, cuff & the gem on his staff. Was about to get real carried away with the glossy stuff

- diecut image with a S/Binder deckled rectangle.
- diecut mat with a S/B classic rectangle, using gold mirror paper. As I usually do, I had a smaller rectangle inside the outer rectangle, to save layers, plus added bonus of a {sigh} snippet for later projects
- black lattice is a new S/Binder (think it is the Basic Lattice-S5-151), covering plain red cardstock.
- mat cut from blue mirror cardstock just to fit the previous layer, and center portion removed with a rectangle die.
- All layers adhered to textured red Bazzill cardbase.
- sentiment was from a clear stamp set, Cloud 9, diecut with S/Binder ribbon banners, embossed with versamark, then heat embossed with Ranger Queen's Gold.

This card is a bit larger than I usually make, (primarily due to the fact I wanted to use that lattice die, and it is oversize. Then I felt that layer needed the blue to perk up the color scheme...). This one will be hand delivered I think. So off we go to join all the talented cardmakers at Rudolph Day. Wheeee for the majic carpet ride across the big Pond! Won't you come along? As always, have a wonderful day, and Blessings. Come again when you have time.


12 comments:

  1. love the lattice die...did you tried to save your pictures in large setting? I mentioned this on earlier post. the peacock one..let me know...How it worked for you...
    thanks for sharing
    bye
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!!!! I love the lattice and the red is stunning! You can never have to many Christmas cards. Hope you have a great start to your week Mary.
    Hugs

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Mary! That lattice die is fabulous...looks great with the nutcracker...kind of looks like fancy trim on a castle window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the lattice die. The image is fun and you have added a lot of detail which I like. Happy Rudolf Day. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute soldier!
    Hugs
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary - what a fab entry to Rudolph Day. Thanks for playing along. Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary, love the card but agree you must save you lovely cards on Large, so we can really appreciate them. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic nutcracker card, Mary!! I haven't been able to visit you either for a while and I've just enjoyed catching up. You have some really stunning Easter card makes for my inspiration! Thank you!!

    Fingers crossed for your DH and the sleep apnea test. So glad he's doing it and you should, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Mary - I love the little Nutcracker Soldier!

    I would save your pictures on large too Mary and centre them down your post so we can see the detail. Lovely cards!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful Nutcracker! Love these rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your nutcracker image! You colored him so beautiful! But that does not surprise me, but you never cease to amaze me my friend! Great job as usual!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your comments on my Rudolph Cards. I just love Nutcrackers, the perfect image of a Christmas warm by the fire! My trees are actually ready made toppers bought many moons ago. I only have a couple left now, so use them on special cards only! TFS and will check on what you're up to again. Karen x

    ReplyDelete