Followers

2/04/2013

Valentine

Happy Monday afternoon and welcome. I have a quick Valentine card to share, made with one of the new Lifestyle embossing folders (Roses) that I got at Saturday's stamp show. (2 folders to a pack). The pink card front is Bazzill (a snippet that I tested the folder on, liked the look, used it). The lacey heart on the medallions (also a test snippet) is backed with a snippet of red c/s, created with an EK success punch, then layered onto a  M.Stewart lacey medallion purchased some years ago.  Created the white border with an older MS lace border punch (one of my favorites), stuck on some rhinestones on the punched heart, and whoa, I'm done. I really do like this Rose embossing folder. It embossed quite deeply. This was the good quality Bazzill as well, so I'll have to remember that when using a lighter weight cardstock. Think I'll dash over to the Playground...I heard a rumor the snow had cleared and some fun activity was going on. Won't you join me? I know there will be lots of lovely cards to enjoy, even if there may still be snow puddles around.  As always, thanks for stopping in to visit. Hugs.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Mary,

    This card looks great! I thought I'd make some Valentine cards but I've seem to have lost my drive. Maybe it'll come back to me before the day passes.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty embossing folder! Great use of lots of snippets! Leave some water in the puddles for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my, that does emboss deeply...I love the look of that pink card.
    The little heart is pretty with the added rhinestones and the border strip is the perfect touch!

    I got a zillion more bargains...i was thinking of doing a post showing the prices..I got some things for 2 or 3 cents. It was such a fun shopping trip.I didn't even go to Joannes...I didn't want to pay any higher than 90% off!!!!teeeeeheeee

    I am so far behind on Miss C's blog and I have something so cute to post for her...must try to get it done tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous Mary and I love that embossing folder as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Mary - another one in the Playground using pink and red together this week:) It works so well too. Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary

    That is one beautiful embossing folder .. .. perfect for so many occasions.

    I found the heart too!! LOL!!!

    Hope you are having a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nicely embossed card Mary.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Mary

    What a beautiful embossing folder and gorgeous little heart.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card Mary, I also love that embossing folder!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete