Followers

2/18/2013

Thinking of You

Good afternoon, and welcome to Blogger Follower, No. 99 (Miss Brenda B). I saw the total number change, but when I count 'faces', I still count 98. (We'll go with 99 for the Random Gen, and hope I don't get a problem with someone that I can't identify as being the winner!). Today has been a totally lazy day. Hubby not feeling well again (same stuff as 3 wks ago - started early yesterday morning). I worked hard at housework on Sat., doing vaccuuming, floor cleaning, that kind of thing, and my back didn't like it one bit (my back is apparently smarter than "I" am!). Took an Aleve early this afternoon, and slept the afternoon away. Back feels better but nothing got done that should have been done. Ah well, it's nice to be retired and able to do that. Here is a card to share that I worked on last night, didn't turn at at all the way I planned. For one thing, I used a pretty patterned paper to emboss, but the emboss design was lost in the paper design (lesson learned), so I used the opposite side of the paper - which was a soft gray. Design showed up well, but the paper color was blah. I backed the embossed piece with a very bright pink to brighten it up. Then decided to add some tiny pearls.


- C/bug plus 2 emboss folder Blooming Bouquet (this is the kind that I showed for one of the Valentine posts, where the folder is green plastic & diecuts too,  rather than the usual opaque folder which embosses.
- Diecut Thinking of You from Elizabeth Crafts Designs (a new die I ordered from here. Was very pleased with the way this die cut, and think I'll get a lot of use with this one).
- all pearls & papers from stash

Outlawz is having their Friday Copic/Promarker Challenge Theme* as Thinking of You, so I believe I'll enter this, but perhaps do another, 'fancier' card later this week. For all you copic/Promarker users, this is a fun challenge, so I encourage you to check it out! Hope all of you had a more productive day than we did here at our house! Hugs, and thanks for the visit.
*Edit: Oops, not sure what I was thinking. This has no copic coloring on it! Not eligible for the Friday Copic challenge! My Baddd!

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty embossing folder, Mary! I love the touches of pink and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cool diecut/embossing folder. Love how it does double duty!

    You did a good job of rescuing the card by flipping the paper over! Quick thinking...

    Your card is pretty and the background cardstock peeking through is just what it needed to give it a little sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card Mary, and clever to flip over the paper and go with that! Love the embossing and who can resist pearls?! No me! lol You are almost at 100 followers my friend!! Yay!!! See everyone enjoys you cards as much as I do! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete