Followers

2/23/2013

St. Paddy's Day

Hello again & I hope you've had a pleasant day. I spent part of it doing some house chores; then getting some chili in the crockpot, fixing sides of cornbread & cabbage slaw ...all ready to put on the table. And cleaned up the kitchen too. I feel so organized! (I never have a meal prepared this far ahead unless we're planning for guests. I'm breaking my arm at patting myself on the back!). When I worked I used to do things in this fashion, but since retirement, boy - did I ever get lax (and love every minute of it). We've had another dreary gray day, and it's a bit on the chilly side, so what better night for a chili crockpot dinner? On to the card:

- image is Our Daily Bread Designs (Simple Things). The cling rubber stamped out wonderfully well using my stamp press.

- image stamped with Memento Cottage Ivy, a very pretty & versatile green

- C/bug plus Emboss folder Elegant Ellipse diecut the oval on green Recollection cardstock

- Reimbossed with C/B EF Kassie's Brocade, because I thought the card front looked too plain with just the Ellipse embossing.

- Trim...ribbon from stash, border trim cut from a border pattern paper in the stash, shamrock diecut with Impression Obsession Die; used versamark & Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel, 3 coats for a nice effect

- sentiment was computer generated with a font downloaded from Dafonts, one of the Celtic themes, printed with green ink...diecut with S/binders Grommet Tags (#2), sponged with DI Peeled Paint

- green rhinestones.

Have a great evening, and as always, thanks for popping in for a visit. Always love to see where my visitors live. And thanks too, if you feel like taking time to leave a comment. Hugs & Happy Sunday.


4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Mary, love that embossed background and the lovely green (well I guess it would be as it is for St Pat's Day). You really are organised today, I am impressed! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Mary. I love that embossing folder and your stamping is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you are one organized girl today...Dinner in the pot, fixins all ready, card all done...
    You have been creating these past few days. Lots of card for me to catch up on! i am such a slowpoke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Mary! I am loving that embossing folder, the stamped shamrocks are just beautiful and I just love the ziz zag shape at the bottom of the card! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete