Followers

12/06/2012

Christmas

Hey, and welcome. This is yet another Christmas card for my stash, and this is the first year I've ever had more than 4 cards ready before the last minute. "Blogging made me do it". LOL. The stamp is an oldie by the Artful Stamper, and this is the first time it's been inked. Got it a few years ago. I saw these birds done with red flock, but every time I try to do that, it turns out a real mess. I first colored the birds with red Chromatix alcohol markers. Looked ok, but didn't seem to have the bright sparkle I'm used to with copics. So I decided to stamp again, color the images with my copics & cut out, pop up over the previously colored image. I liked it much better. That middle guy has got some moves, doesn't he? Airbrushed the background on the first image, before I added the pop-up guys, so I didn't have to worry about the blue airbrushing darkening the image. Used the Snow Writer to add a bit of stuff under their feet, sprinkled some coarse MS glitter while the Snow was wet. This time I remembered to diecut first, so as not to flatten the snow. The die was S/B Label 14, the largest in the set. I traced the outside of the die to get my mat, which was handcut. There's some gold edging done with Tsukineko's Delicata gold, but don't think it shows too much in the picture. The card background was plain white GP paper, embossed with the new C/B Snowflake EF (pictured here) - which I found thanks to Bonnie, Susan and a very helpful Haylie at Crop Stop. This is the first time use, and I thought it looked great with this image. The sentiment was stamped on a tiny leftover diecut tag, to which I added 3 pearls made with Red Viva Decor Pearls. A happy discovery was the green sparkly ribbon, which I had bought a while back. First time I used it, I added some tape to adhere it. For some reason I gave the backing a closer look this time, and thought "hmm, wonder if that is adhesive backing on this stuff", sinceI had read about a brand of American Crafts ribbon that has it. Well, after poking around on different corners of the cut edge with my fingernails, it did separate, and it WAS adhesive. I have it in red too. Now is that happy or what??? So thanks as always for paying me a visit, and have a wonderful & blessed day. Hugs.

4 comments:

  1. SUPER cute and pretty! Love that image and all the red on here.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card turned out beautiful Mary.

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mary, this is so cute. I always love your preamble to your cards. It walks me right through it and I can always follow along...Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh Mary this card is adorable! It makes me smile when I look at it as those little dancing cardnials are just too cute! And yes, that little fella in the middle is sure busting the moves!! lol I like your idea of popping up the birds colored in your copic ontop ot the other birds colored with the other markers. lol Did you get that?!! lol That was a round 'bout way of saying that. lol

    ReplyDelete