Followers

11/23/2012

Fall

Good afternoon. Thanks for visiting. On this Black Friday, in the USA, DH & I got up very early - as in 3:45am, to head over to our A C Moore which opened at 5am. The first 100 people got a $5 shopping card, plus total purchase was to be 40% off. My goal was to pick up some more clear storage containers, but I think I got just about everything else BUT those! Lots of paper pack sales and I got some more of the Chromatix markers, which I've been testing. I'm finding they work well for doing fine line work, when my copic nibs don't give me a clean thin line. (It's operator error, not the marker!) It's been a while since we did something crazy like this, getting up that early to go shopping! One lady told me she'd been in line since 2am - and yes, her hubby was with her too! DH said he heard some of the ladies comment they'd been up all night, hitting some of the stores that were open all night. Well, it was fun, impulsive, and the store was not so crowded it made shopping unpleasant, but we were glad to get back home, change clothes, and crawl back in bed for some more sleeping!!! Oh yes, we did stop at a McDonald's that was located in the same plaza for a quick bite to eat and some peppermint hot chocolate.
Here's a fall card with an image I had colored earlier, finally got put upon a card. I tried another fold card, using lightweight green Bazzill. The panels are brightly colored leaf motif paper purchased as single sheets from Hobby Lobby at a sale a few weeks back. The stamp of the fall harvest is labeled as Heather-M-36-HK, bought at a stamp show back in September. Diecut with S/Binders classic circles, sponged with DI Tea Die. Mat is from a Colorbok paper pak, diecut with the Scalloped Circle, edges distressed with Vintage Photo, as it was too 'red' for my taste. The distressing browned up the red to a somewhat more fallish tone. I remembered to be careful where I put the tape when I adhered the 2 circles together, so this time I was able to center the image on the folded card, without having it stick to the off side. The sentiment is from a Just Rite clear stamp set, stamped first with Memento Rhubarb Stalk, then overstamped again with Memento Bamboo Leaves. This was punched out with a tag punch, trimmed down to fit the space on the card. There were some thin strips from trimming the panels, so glued  them top & bottom on the sentiment. On the inside center panel, adhered more of the panel paper, so now it's ready to get something appropriate stamped inside. This one goes into my box of cards for next year. Isn't it wonderful to have a card ready ahead of the season? (Now if I just remember next year, where I put the box!!!! LOL.) Have a wonderful afternoon.

5 comments:

  1. Love your shopping story but were you in the first 100 shoppers? Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, indeed! I was about the 4th shopper in line so I got the $5 gift card. DH got one too & I had made sure he had a 40% off the total coupon. However, we spoke to one of the staff who was 'walking the store', and she told us we couldn't use both. DH checked out first (my stuff, not his!), and didn't use the $5 gift card. When I came through the line, the cashier said Yes, both were good. Didn't offer to make good on his $5 card though, and there was a line behind us, so I didn't push it... It's called a "gotcha". I did get some things I had wanted, and of course more paper, which I needed so much! (NOT!). It was a fun & silly thing to do, but probably not something we'll repeat any time soon. Every once in a while, you have to do something immature and crazy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one brave soul to do the Black Friday - and especially that early!! Glad you got some deals though.
    Beautiful card and a lovely image too! Such pretty coloring on this.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that sounds like such fun Mary! Did you go in your PJ's though? I had problems with the rules on coupons and discounts in NM, they aren't always as attractive as they seem at first................but I'd still love the opportunity to do it all over again! Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mary you got some good buys it sounds like! My DH would never get up to go BF shopping and I don't either. But I might have if I had been around an ACM while on vacation! lol Never heard of those markers, sounds interesting. Your card is gorgeous my friend, just gorgeous! Love that image!

    ReplyDelete