Followers

11/14/2012

Fall

Hello and Good Morning. I'm back again with a Fall card for a little break between the Christmas cards. I have a couple birthday cards I have to get ready too, so that will make a little diversion with all the Christmas stuff. This card was made with the Inkadinkadoo green colored (like the PB slapstick stamps) rubber stamp. It's a solid stamp, but I choose to cut the sentiment apart from the motif so I could diecut with S/binders Large Label Small, then mat with the S/B Large Label Large. (what a clever way for them to differentiate the die! LOL). When I first started to buy these dies, I didn't realize they came in large & small sizes for a reason. So I'd look at the die, say "Oh I've got that one", not realizing that one needed both sizes in order to be able to cut nice mats. I had a real steep learning curve! Also I had not left the dies with the 'cover' that came with them, so then I didn't know if I had the small or large size. Had to go hunting on the internet for dimensions of the different sizes, measure mine in order to see which one I had The sentiment was diecut with the S/B Mat A that was released this year...a handy die to have in your stash. I did use a different marker-type to color the sentiment letters, a sort of metallic green. The main image was done with copics and Spica pens.  Anyhoo... after diecutting this image, I used some more of H/Lobby's sale papers, which are probably Paper Studio, for a nice fall mat, which you can't really see here. Thus the extra leaves added for some trim, a bit of dimension. The leaves were diecut with Impression Obsession leaf diecut, then sponged with Distress Inks in colors that worked with the individual colors of each leaf. Oh yes, I did use the Out-of-the-Box technique to cut the image, so that I could get the complete grape cluster. There are several good Youtubes on this technique, and it's one I really like. Hope you will enjoy. Have a super middle of the week day! See you soon. 

5 comments:

  1. What a beutiful Fall card. I love the colours and the images. Its just gorgeous. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply Gorgeous Mary! Love the colors, wish I could color so well. Thanks for the tip about the dies, learn something new every day.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow! I am so in love with this card Mary!!! It is stunning! Your coloring is so beautiful on this card, and of course every card!! I love that SB mats, and I didn't know that you had to buy the large and small SB sets. I guess that is why I have a hard time with my one set and complain that they need different sizes to go with. lol Maybe they do have it and I just thought I have that. I declare you learn something everyday! Hope hubby was able to get his root canal and is doing good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Mary. Love the rich fall colors. What a hoot about the dies sizes. I had that same problem. Tip: I store my dies in the clear SU cases (the ones for their cling stamps) and sometimes I'm able to get all 4 versions in the case, other times I can only fit the large and small. I use magnetic vent covers from our Home Depot as inserts and the dies adhere quite nicely. (I did start with business card magnets but I like the full coverage of the magnetic vent covers - I can cut 3 pieces from one cover). Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful, vibrant colors! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete