Followers

11/09/2012

Christmas

Good morning, and let's have a cuppa java while we chat for a few...and welcome to a new follower. Gosh, if I see 100 followers on the picture module one of these days, I'm going to have to have some more blog candy. Already have some ideas (aren't I the optimistic one???LOL). Our Friday has started out very sunny, so I think it will be a great day. Hubby has been dealing with an abscessed tooth, so we've been to the dentist 3 times this week. Had it drained twice, several different prescriptions each time. If they can get it to clear the infection, he's having a root canal next week. AND if they can't save the present crown, which the abscess is under, then he will be having a new crown as well. Merry Christmas to us!!! But you do what you gotta do. Poor baby, he has been feeling so miserable. Enough of that. Here's the card I made to enter into the Outlawz Challenge Theme to Celebrate Circles. The Specs:
Stamp is from Our Daily Bread Designs Bread Basket Bundle. The circle could have been an ornament had I used the ornament 'cap' on it. When I saw this set, which had these cardinals, I was sunk. Love my cardinals. I tried to color one as a male, one as female. Of course colored with copics. Thought the shape of the stamp met the theme requirements, so continued the theme using S/Binders Small Classic Circles to diecut the image, then S/B Large Classic Circles for the red mat. S/B Big Scalloped Circle for the blue glitter mat, finishing with the S/B Grand Circle for the shaped card. The sentiment is from this same set, punched with a Paper Shaper Circle, sponged with Distress Ink in Festive Berry. The green trees were a last minute thought, not sure I like them, but they were adhered. Also punched from a Punch Bunch Small Tree - from paint chip papers from paint departments in our local stores.  The c/stock for the card is from Cloud 9 Luster Snowflake in Red.
Since I have used so many diecuts for this card, I think I'll enter my last card (allowed 3) to the Penny Black & More Any Die Will Do Challenge. This was a fun card to do, as I enjoy coloring cardinals. I also used some Spectrum Noire in greens on the branch needles. I've been collecting some of the sets at A C Moore, using my coupon. There is a brush nib (like the copics) on one end, but a smaller pen nib on the other end. Thought it would work on the fine line of the branches. My copic brush nib is not so delicate. These are nice pens, but I have to say, I like the touch of the copic brush nib better. Guess that's probably because I have grown accustomed to the feel of the brush...very light. The S.Noire nib felt 'hard' to my hand. Did what I wanted though! So I'll keep practicing at learning to use the Spectrum Pens. Just learned that these pens have refills, but have not seen them in MY stores. So thanks for coming to visit, and have a WUN-DA-FUL day. Hugs.

11 comments:

  1. hi mary, the cardinals are beautiful and i love the circle shape and all the die cuts; so perfect for our challenge! thank you so much for sharing your third festive creation with us this month at penny black and more challenge this month.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Mary! That is beautiful. I think you have captured the male and female cardinals really well. Unfortunately I have only seen them in pictures, as we don't get them over here. Most of our birds are mainly brown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this..the red cardinals (they are one of my favorite bird - being they are the Virginia state bird where I was born)..beautiful colored and lovely LO.

    :)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beautiful cardinals! Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sure looks like Carolina to me - pretty card!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary you have cloured the Carolinas beautifully, getting better and better not that you were ever not better!!!! Lovies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary,

    This creation is totally stunning, there is something about circular cards and always look so effective. And you have coloured the Cardinals to perfection, all in all a gorgeous card.

    Thanks so much sharing your creativity with us at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    Hope hubby's tooth is soon sorted, he has my sympathy as I've been down that road a few times.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creation, beautiful colouring!
    Thank you so much for sharing this at Penny Black and more Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful colours, a lovely card Mary.
    Thanks so much for sharing it with us at penny black & more this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE Cardinals too, not that I've ever seen one IRL . . .but you never know, maybe one day?!!

    Gorgeous card here Mary.

    I have also entered three in to the PB&M challenge.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beauty Mary, love the stamp and the bird colours are so pretty .
    Thank you for joining the Penny Black and More @ Allsorts Any Die Will Do challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete