Followers

11/08/2012

Christmas

Good Afternoon and welcome to my world. The sun is shining although it's a bit brisk outside. I worked last night on one of my personal goals, to do some cards with 'folds' rather than the same old style I usually feel comfortable with. I had a class in gatefold cards when I first started this hobby, but didn't remember any of the dimensions, so surfed the internet to find instructions for a tri-fold card (in my class was called gate-fold). OK..here it is:
Now I can't get it to lay down flat to photograph, even after having it pressed under some heavy stuff all night! I'm rather pleased with the card, probably because I just fell in love with this goofy little duck (Penny Black Caroling Duck) when I saw Sandra use it. The little guy is colored with copics; diecut with the new S/Binder Mat rectangles, as was the red glitter paper(snippet!) behind him. Sponged a bit of Vintage photo while still in the die. Debated on adding some white Flower soft to his hat (will try on next image.) The design papers are from a  Paper Studio's small Christmas Mat Stack from a recent Hobby Lobby sale. Sentiment is from ODBD. (snippet), S/Binder diecut & sponged with Vintage photo. The first 2 times I stamped this image, thought I had not gotten a sharp stamping. After redoing it again, I looked at the stamp. The 'missing' part of the loop on Merry is on the stamp, wasn't my poor stamping! (Sigh of relief!) Red glitter snowflake -another snippet- is an older S/binder die. I have lined the inside with some Paper Studio paper - also a H/Lobby Christmas sale item from an 8 1/2 x 11 pack. The lining may be why my card won't stay flat. I might place a white die cut inside center, to stamp a Christmas message. Don't think it will show up too well on the patterned paper. Now I'll dash over to the Playground, since I have several snippets on this one. (Hey if it's piled on my desk and I can use, it doesn't even make it to a snippet folder!!). Might also fit the bill of fare over at Any Die Will Do
at Penny Black and More. This will be my 2nd entry for this challenge. As I've said here previously, when I cut a mat, I also cut out the interior since it won't show. I nearly messed up with that little trick this time, which is why the duck isn't centered exactly as it probably should be. I had to place him over far enough that the backside of the focal image was not so visible. Lesson learned! Had already done the matting when I decided to try the fold card. Ya'll have a wonderful and blessed day. See you later.

13 comments:

  1. I love the image. I love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This image is perfect for the Gate Fold card! He (or she) is as adorable as the one yesterday! I see why you couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable! You went outside your comfort zone and did a different fold...I love it. I think you did a wonderful job. Have you decided who to send it to? Do You send out homemade Christmas cards to family? I haven't been sending cards the last few years but thought I would start up again by just making some for family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another really cute duck image Mary, lovely traditional colours and a very effective fold.

    We so often fall into the habit of using the same fold, for me it's more often than not large square, so it's nice to see something different.

    Thanks so much and sharing your lovely work with us at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I just love this duck! He/She is so quirky and cute and just makes me smile! Love that you used the plaid paper again, so love that paper! I also love that you made it a gatefold card. I never can get them to lie flat either, so you are not alone in that one. lol Love your snowflack on the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastically festive. I adore this PB duck for Christmas. Happy card making.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply adorable! Gorgeous papers, and what a fun image too! Love the sketch/design. So happy you joined us at penny black and more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes it is good to get out of your comfort zone, must try more myself! Lovely traditional colours Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. One festive singing duck for Christmas - what a fun card!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi mary, this is a lovely layout and it's nice to be able to take a peek inside! another festive and sweet duck and i love the plaid papers and sponging. thank you so much for playing again in our 'any die will do' theme at penny black and more challenge this month.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another one of my favourite stamps Mary :) And I love the gatefold too. Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another lovely card, another thing we love in this house are ducks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mary, gorgeous card and love the tartan papers.
    Thank you for joining the Penny Black and More @ Allsorts Any Die Will Do challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete