Followers

11/28/2012

Christmas

Hi once again. I had some images colored up and with so much flurry going on around here, I finally got a chance AND the motivation, to get these images onto cards. This one was colored back during the summer while I was lolling around in the recliner. As you may have noticed if you visit here much, I LOVE anything with a cardinal. A friend had this lovely Northwoods stamp, showed me a card, and well, you can guess the rest of the story. This is another easy image to color...the hardest part is trying to shade my little red guy, cause he's so small. The Red copic color family is a hard color range for me to work with - it tends to bleed for me, as I have a somewhat 'heavy' hand. I also used some Spica glitter pens on the pine needles and ribbons. Diecut with S/B deckled rectangle. Green glitter mat was diecut with a larger size of the same set. Interior part (covered by the image) was cut out with a smaller die, to save weight. The bonus is that I now have that piece to use elsewhere. The silver glitter paper was just trimmed out to fit the cardbase. Ah, now for the snippets - that was the red glitter strips. (Saved from cutting out the inside of a die used in another project, and Voila, here it gets repurposed.)The strips are adhered down top & bottom, but do not run the width of the image. This glitter paper is quite thick, so would make the card entirely too bulky (at least for mailing). I have a few more of these images colored, so I have to think of some other designs to use 'em up! Also going to take Red over to Pixie's Playground since it just barely qualifies for the Snippets Challenge and then onto to Rudolph Day. Someone said (I'll call no names), that my eggnog needed something else, so maybe I'll add a warming ingredient. Whatta you think? Com' on along, and join in the Christmas fun. Cheers!

14 comments:

  1. oooh, the glitter is gorgeous! another lovely cardinal card; it really pops against the greenery.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY pretty! I also love cardinals and this card is lovely. I know what you mean about the red Copics too! Very hard for me to work with. I like that shiny glittery paper too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo . . . a second entry . . . thanks Mary. I love the Cardinals too. This is a lovely festive card with the glitz too.
    Good luck in the draw.

    Love eggnog too . . . you can put a warmer in it if you like! I'll give it a go!

    Got the brazier up and running for roast chestnuts too . . .

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Mary ah some lovely crafty card making going on here..
    I love this card
    Thanks so much for popping over and thanks for sharing Shaz in Oz. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card Mary - we don't have red cardinals in the UK - beautiful birds! Our little robin is here again for the Winter though. Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas card, Mary! Love the colors, the glitter and the lovely image! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary. I just saw your comment on my blog. Thanks so much for the sweet words you left. I had a few minutes before working on my next post and skimmed through a few of yours. Your work is fantastic--the colour choices, the layouts, your colouring--it's pretty impressive. There is much I could learn from you. I am so pleased that you have become a follower. I really appreciate your interest in my blog and I hope you continue to enjoy my future posts. I will definitely be back!

    Take care,
    Lisa D.

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary. Thanks for commenting on my card. Appreciate it. Just went through here a bit and you have some gorgeous ones as well., Love the truck one. Have not gotten the nerve to try and colour one yet. :) Have a good one,

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful cardinal perched on the Noel! Great idea how you pieced the red Glimmer Paper! Less bulk is good when you mail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh Mary I am in love with this card! You have colored it beautifuly too, love the glittery paper background, so pretty and festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love red cardinals too. Wish we had them frequent out bird feeders.
    Now this egg noggin gotta be careful wot we add to it if we are gonna be dishing it out to the old folks at the concert in the park. Don't want them dancing on the park benches and causing mayhem. Had enough trouble with our little bonefire night!!! hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great card. I also love the bird images...they just seem to call out to me when I am shopping! lol

    I always learn something new when I read your posts...I have jotted down spica pen in my papercrafts notebook, as you mentioned that you used this for the pine boughs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Mary. Love the stamp and you have coloured it in beautifully.
    Thanks for visiting. Guilding flakes are literally flakes of metal in golds, bronzes, and other colours. You stamp your card with an adhesive and then sprinkle the flakes on. If you go on Youtube there are some videos which might explain better.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not saying I'm here for the eggnog, but if you're pouring, I brought a mug, um, small cup. Your card is great, Mary! I love red cardinals on Christmas cards. We don't have them here, so it's my only time seeing them! Thanks for stopping by my place. Everyone is knuckling down and putting their nose to Christmas cards and shopping and baking and so on. I suspect we will all be visiting less until after the holidays, but then the fun will begin again! I hope to see you at the Playground, though, sometime this week!!

    ReplyDelete