Followers

11/28/2012

Christmas

Good afternoon and welcome. Update on my cataract surgery which was scheduled for today: Got postponed! After I had gotten myself all geared up to do it, get it over with, the doctor (very wisely) decided to wait to get some 12 yr old pre-lasix eye measurements from my Florida clinic...and that's IF these records can be found. Long story - but the short version is: the clinic has relocated; since I'm no longer an active patient, my records were archived to a central storage facility...may or may not be able to get located. But the doctor wanted to have the effort made. So now I'm tentatively scheduled for Dec ?5?. Anyhoo, all the scurrying around, dealing with 2 different clinics in 2 different states, several different nurses, techs, etc. -  is why I've been MIA for a couple of days.  OK...enough on that. It's in God's Hands, and I'm happy to leave it there. For the card: The image is by Impression Obsession-D8295, very easy to color. I used some Chromatix markers purchased at A C Moore. Added to my collection this past Black Friday. These have a small nib & a brush nib. I liked the small nib for the tiny area coloring, but I don't think these blend quite as nicely as the copics (could be the operator also). Diecut with a S/B Classic Oval - sponged with a bit of Memento Sky Blue, which gave the nice grayish tone at the edge - which I liked. The Distress Inks were too bright for this effect. Then diecut a bit of burgundy-ish Bazzill for a mat. The teal cardbase was a snippet that was in the pile, so embossed it with the Crafts Too Christmas Ornament EF, dabbed a smidge of Delicata Gold ink onto the embossing. Diecut a snippet of some greenish paper with the Cheery Lynn Carnivale die, then added a small strip cut from Authentique 12x12 Festival Collection, just because I thought the trim needed a touch of brightening. Since I do have a few snippets on here, perhaps I might just take a pitcher of eggnog over to Pixie's Playground and see what those mischievous pixies are up to.  I'm tellin' ya, those girls have the mostest fun. Also it's the final Rudolph Challenge over here at Stamping for Pleasure, so I'll enter this little card in that Challenge. Another place where there's lots of fun to be enjoyed. Check out both these places, and you're in for a treat! Have a great day, and Hugs & thanks for the visit.

8 comments:

  1. oh, this is a lovely bauble card; both in the embossing and the image! i love the border at the top too, and the festive colours. good luck with your surgery, whenever it gets rescheduled to.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Mary . . . this is a fab bauble card and I love your colouring. Sorry to hear your op didn't go ahead, but keeping my fingers crossed matters get resolved soon.

    Thanks for entering Rudolph Day . . . .good luck in the draw.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely Mary - brilliantly done! Hope the surgery date gets sorted out ASAP - err, is this eggnog alcofrolic at all? Seems I need to get a drinkies licence for the Playground over the holidays :) Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Mary, I love the baubles and embossing.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard about mulled wine, which I love, now eggnog too? What a party! What pretty decorations to take over there. Surgery day will be here and gone before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beauitful card Mary! I love that embossing folder, so pretty and I love your image of the ornaments-and as always you have colored it so beautifuly! Your cards always looks so professional my friend! Love that die cut or punched border too! I hope your eye surgery is a success my friend and will be thinking about you and praying. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn. Internet just went down and lost my previous comment. Love your colourful baubles. Do we need to get the chooks on 24/7 layin ? Just asking like cos we need to lay in stocks for the old folks for the concert we are putting on in the park for them. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fingers crossed the eye surgery info and dates get sorted soon!

    This is a sweet card. The embossing plate is so pretty!
    You have been busy making lots of Christmas card lately! Me too, and I must admit I am getting a little sick of making them!
    Oh, I'd better dig out the Michael Buble music, that always helps!

    ReplyDelete