Followers

11/21/2012

Christmas

Good morning, and thanks for stopping to visit. This was a 'get up early' morning for us, as DH & I both had a dermatology appointment. Have I ever mentioned, I don't "DO" early? So once this post is done, I'll change clothes, and hit the recliner for a little snooze until time to get my haircut this afternoon.  I'm pleased with the results on this card for many reaons. First, I like Northwoods rubber stamps; second, I LOVE cardinals. This one is called Cardinal and Birdhouse in White Pine, and is a rather large stamp. It was quite easy to color too. Of course it's colored with my favorite copics, and I punched the red bow from a Fiskars punch purchased at a Hobby Lobby Christmas sale last month. The punch was on plain white paper, so I colored it with copics and added some gel pen highlites. The image was diecut with the Memory Box Debutante frame, mounted on red lightweight Bazzill. I had ink on my fingers when adhering the diecut to cardbase, so I added the red rhinestones. A boo-boo turned out to be a good thing, because I think the added trim improved the overall look! This is intended for the DH's Christmas card unless I have time to do another Cardinal stamp that I have. He'll like this. We enjoy watching the cardinals at our bird feeder. Such beautifully bright birds, but not always very polite to the other little birdies. Have a Blessed Day.

6 comments:

  1. Great cover up with those rhinestones! Beautiful image and card Mary!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this cardinal card Mary!!! It is just beautiful and of course you have colored it perfectly! I love our cardinals when they visit in the winter. I love throwing crushed corn on the snow and have them right at my backdoor-just so much pleasure for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had a chance to come by what with all that's been going on, but I'm waiting for the family to arrive, so I've managed to spend some enjoyable time scroll strolling through your older posts, drooling over the beautifully executed Christmas cards!

    Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving, Mary!!

    Mwah!
    Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! great job on the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Cardinal, Mary! I love that bow and the gems are so pretty! Sometimes boo boos are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super card this is. I love red Cardinals and it would be an amazing sight to see them on my bird feeders. Painting a Kingfisher at the moment and if I can find a picture on the Web might have a go at doing a Cardinal next. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete