Followers

11/20/2012

Christmas

Good morning, and welcome for a little visit. I had a happy experience last night. I've been looking on the web for this folder which I had seen used here and here. Folks, these are some blogs that are truly worth your time to check out...some lovely cards. Anyhoo, each blogger kindly took the time to answer questions about how to find the folder, but alas, all places were out of stock. I was browsing around on Cropstop  hoping to find the folder, no luck. I did get some things loaded into a cart, but did not submit the order. Next day got an email from the lovely Haylie asking if I had just overlooked the 'submit button'. (which I hadn't, just wuz still a-thinkin'). So I replied to the email, and asked about this particular folder, sending a link so Haylie could see what I wanted. Lo & Behold! They had one left! HOO-RAY! It just so happened not to be showing up on the site, and I lucked out! Meant to be, wouldn't you say??? Cropstop is a good place to order EF's, their prices are competitive, they have a really great selection, and I've always been happy with my purchases. Free shipping over a certain amount too!
OK..onto the card (I get excited over the smallest things, don't I?). The image is a PB slapstick Cling, Nature's Best - from last year. I'm slow on getting around to using stamps. Colored up with Copics, diecut with a S/Binder die (it's one of the labels, which I neglected to write down info, but will look through my 'stuff' if anyone is interested!). Colored with copics, then used an MS punch on the additional holly. This was punched on plain white scrap paper, then I colored with copics, trying to emulate a bit of texture with the markers. When I adhered to the card, it looked a bit plain, so used some red smooch ink to create berries. Didn't like that - too flat. So I hunted up the red Viva Decor pearl pen and dabbed that over the smooch. It's raised, so I liked that better. I had embossed just the very bottom of the blue Bazzil cardbase with a Crafts Too Poinsettia Frame (think I may have gotten this from Cropstop, but don't remember). Used some white colorbox pigment on a dauber to swipe a bit of white across the raised surface to emphasize the embossing. I wiped off the dauber on paper toweling first, so it would be more of a 'dry brush' effect. Then I used a Viva Decor gold pen to add centers to the Poinsettias. After I had photographed, I realized I had forgotten to use my MAH signature stamp on the image. That will get added before the card is finished! Sorry to be such a long ramble today. I'm still on adrenaline from car buying, evidently! Also while typing this post, my opthamologist called, and I'm scheduled for my first catarract surgery on Nov. 28th. I have one scheduled for Dec. 19th, but was trying to get both surgeries done this year (deductibles satisfied already). This has been in the planning for a while, so it's not one of our impulsive decisions. There was a cancellation so I was able to get into that spot. Hey, ya'll have a fine day. For those who celebrate it, HAPPY THANKSGIVING! For those who don't, HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY! Blessings and Hugs to you all.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the embossing at the bottom and all that blue! My favorite color and it looks lovely with the holly and bird!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. a gorgeous card mary! coloured beautifully and i love the embossed background.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Mary, I love this little bird! He reminds me of the Carolina Wren that perches on the deck and sings to us. Love the holly too. Beautiful job of coloring, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Mary, I am loving this card!!! It is just beautiful!! And your coloring, oh my is just perfect!! Love those holly leaves the way you colored them! Your bird is just gorgeous, and I so love the way you colored him! Another well made card my friend!

    ReplyDelete