Followers

11/17/2012

Christmas

Hi and welcome once again, along with a big welcome to a new follower. Hope you will enjoy the things you see here. Here's another card featuring that little duck with such an attitude (maybe he's a goose...I'm not sure of anything except I think he's adorable). He just puts me in mind of someone marching along, chest out, ready for whatever, and also dressed for it! I had colored up some images, so I'm using different background papers & trying to think of different layouts (you will remember I'm challenged with that sort of thing! Bear with me). Mr. Overdressed Duck is a Penny Black stamp, colored with copics. I used some gel glaze pen on the holly, berries & ribbons, as well as beak & feet. IRL this has a glisten to it. Diecut image & mat with my usual go-to Spellbinder Ovals, Classic & Scalloped. That is probably my favorite of all the spellbinders...hard as it is to choose. I tend to reach for that one the most. There is another oval that was retired, only ever found it in one size, called Deckled Ovals, which I've always thought did a lovely mat. The ribbon is a sparkly one I found on sale - probably Michaels; red paper is from a 4.5x6.5 Paper Studio Old World Winter pack found on sale. This set also comes in 12x12 (mine was from Hobby Lobby). Has lots of pretty designs in it. EF was Tim Holtz Book Covers, the oval one. Doesn't really show up well on this spotty paper, but I liked it anyway! Green cardbase is just a bit from my stash. I'm sure most of you are very organized with your supplies (I say this, smiling, because a lot of my stamp buddies are. They have their Bazzil & SU cardstock in folders, labeled, organized, etc). Unfortunately, a lot of my papers are in piles & pieces scattered around the floor of the room where I craft. Now mind, I DO have some in file cabinets, in folders, but not labeled. Couldn't tell you the exact name, should my life depend on it! I've just about given up on the organization dream, and trust me, it AIN'T gonna be one of my New Year's Resolutions either! As DH says "Well, if YOU'RE happy in your mess, that's all that matters". He doesn't go downstairs to watch that tv too much though! It once was HIS area, but now it's Mine, Mine, Mine!!! . It's pretty in my area today, very sunny, but quite windy. I can hear it whistling around the corners as I'm getting this post prepared. Now I have to go clean out my SUV. I think we're bringing home a new one this afternoon. I HATE buying a new auto. Do you? Too many new gadgets on it, I may not be smart enough to drive it. (I am the picker-outer though, so can't fuss about it). Have a wonderful day. Hugs

9 comments:

  1. Ha! I always think that image should be a goose really :) Super colouring and card Mary. I know what you mean about the car - my first priority tends to be do I like the colour! Have a super weekend, hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, you're going to FORCE me to look for all the cute duck images now!!! This is so precious and love it framed in the oval! PRETTY background paper too.
    Oh......what kind of car did you get!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Folks, we DID get the car. We also made a decision to trade DH's pkup. Do we sound impulsive, or what? Believe it or not, though, the 1st purchase had been planned, I be draggin' my feet for many moons. Then when the 2nd opportunity presented, it made sense - really! - to go ahead with trading PKup for a new one. Might be the last we buy, considering all things going on! Just sayin'. I'll say it again: I HATE having to carshop! Nothing like craft shopping at all! (But DH said craft crap just about as expensive at our house. His words. I quoted). LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Commenting on my own post, borderline ridiculous! Just had to say this though: Read my horoscope for the day, after I had just written the above comment. My horoscope said it was a day for me to make good decisions! HA! Goes to show, don't it? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, think the horoscope could go for any day of the week for anyone at all! as getting out of bed could be one of them too :D

    Now love this card and think you have done a great job o of it..

    I did smile at your method of managing DP paper tend to do that with some things but not Dp have most in their piles even snippets as figure that way I will use them.. all different aren't we?? God bless (and hand is healing, thanks very much, stitches out in nine days). love Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable image and gorgeous card!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound like me I also work in a mess, I try and tidy a little bit every day, but never succeed. So you have your car, be safe and enjoy. Actually DH might be right about craft crap!!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this sassy goose/duck with his holiday outfit on! And he looks extra festive on the red polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Mary, this card is just too cute and makes me smile! I love this little guy all dressed up for Christmas! Love that polka dot paper too! I agree with Joe, if your happy in your mess that is all that counts! I know I start out organized, but boy after finishing a project it looks like a bomb has gone off. lol Such as the life of a crafter. I hope you are enjoying your new SUV too!! That is what we should have gotten, but we might later down the road. I really miss my van. lol

    ReplyDelete