Followers

11/16/2012

Christmas


Happy Friday! Welcome. Sigh, another Christmas card. Oh gosh, I'm sorry, but I have to get these made! This card honestly looks much better IRL, so apologies for my photography skills. I inked the C/B Holly Ribbons EF with Memento Love Letter ink, then embossed a piece of white c/s. Cleaned off the EF with a baby wipe, and it comes clean quickly. Hardest part of this is to decide if you want the deboss or emboss look. Used the Memory Box Collette Ornament die for the red glitter part, then the Memory Box Drop Ornament for the silver holograph paper behind. Once the silver was diecut, used the C/B Holly Ribbons to emboss it. The Collette was a little fussy with the glitter paper, as it was fairly thick. Ran through the Big Shot several times, cut it well. I have another diecut ready where I reversed the papers on these 2 dies, and liked it better. The sentiment is from a clear set - think was Hero Arts - inked with the Love Letter, and heatset with Ranger Clear Detail EP to give some glisten. Cut out with an oval punch, sponged the edges with the Love Letter ink and a finger dauber.  For those of us who celebrate Thanksgiving,{another sigh}, that's not far away. Hard to believe this year has sped by so quickly. Have a wonderful day, and get ready for the weekend. Hugs, and thanks for the visit.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas card, Mary! The ornament is gorgeous! Love the background too! Have a great weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, and I too have photography issues, but I think your creation is just lovely.

    :)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, your card is so beautiful. I really love those Memory Box dies and get lots of use out of mine. Love your use of colour on this card, makes me feel Christmassy already! Thanks for your visit and lovely comment. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! The ornament is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sparkly ornament, Mary! I love red Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this very much Mary, you are so adventurous, I am always in such a damn hurry. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this card Mary! The inked embossed background looks amazing!!! I also love your ornament! Shinny things are so hard to photograph but you did a good job Mary. Another awesome card my friend!!

    ReplyDelete