Followers

11/12/2012

Christmas

Hi, and welcome back. Hope that your weekend was super and you're ready to face a new week. Here's another cardshare with the cute Penny Black Bear Hug featuring Miss Mimi. An easy stamp to color. I put some Polar White flower soft on the tufts of the hats, added a little sparkly while the flowersoft was still wet. Diecut the image with a S/B large circle, and left the bottom edge flat. Then I attempted another sponging effort on a separate piece of white cardstock, using Memento Summer Sky, Bahama Blue and a swipe of Danube Blue at the top skyline. Also used just a bit of London Fog along the snow at the very bottom. I keep watching what Heather Telford does here, and it looks so easy, until I try to do it! But I keep trying, and hopefully one of these days, I'll get something I'm pleased with! Practice makes perfect. The sentiment was punched with a McGill punch, and stamped with a Memento Blue ink. Cardbase is a lightweight red Bazzill. Enjoy. See you later.

5 comments:

  1. Mary, the sky and snow look fabulous!!! Love that cute image too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a fantastic job of sponging, Mary! Heather makes it look much easier than it really is! This is such an adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow and sky look wonderful, Mary! The image is fabulous and I love the idea of adding texture to Mimi's hat and her polar bear's ears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be able to give tutorials on sponging soon, they say practice makes perfect, I have not even attempted it. Lovely card. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Mary! I am loving the snow and the sky!! You are doing awesome at sponging! I am also loving that image and love that you put the flower soft on, I love that stuff but forget to use it. lol I need to remember to do use it more.

    ReplyDelete