Followers

9/24/2012

Birthday

Good morning. I hope the start of this last week in September finds you planning for some fun. Here's a card to share from an Inky Antics stamp I found at the Scrapart Stamp show held in my area on the Sept. 15 weekend. Our daughter (DD) loves dogs (she has 3 greyhounds, but greyhound stamps are difficult to find). So when I saw the Scottie, I thought "Birthday card". Scottie is colored with copics (Gray C's for his fur) and some spica on his collar. Diecut and embossed with a S/B oval. I decided not to mat the image and used the Impression Obsession CAC Thick & Thin stamp to create a background, using Colorbox Fluid Chalk Inks. (Colors were Ocean and Warm Red on a blue patterned paper). I used the same paper to stamp the lace (again in Ocean ink), handcut the lace to trim the bottom. I debated on just using a border punch, but I liked this look better. The greenery is a Cheery Lynn flourish die, and the sentiment was done with the SU Word Window punch. I don't think DDaughter will see this before she gets it, so I posted it here. Will be in the mail this week, so I think I'm safe! Have a great day, and thanks for stopping to see what was happenin'!

4 comments:

  1. How adorable! I am a real dog lover and this image is just a cutie! I love how your coordinated the lad DP with your little scottie! I am our newest follower Helen! Your cards are just wonderful!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adorable Mary! I can't believe you stamped that background paper, it looks fantastic as does your hand cut 'lace'. That Scottie is oh so cute too.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cute little Scottie! Precious card and really like the DP you used and those flourishes! Adorable!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness this card is adorable! I love this little scottie, how cute is he?! I love that paper you used and I like the green swirl behind him. Just to stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete