Followers

8/16/2012

Outlawz Copic Challenge

Circus
Hello and thanks for coming by to see what I have shared this evening. This is a Carousel horse that I am going to try to enter in the Outlawz Friday Copics Challenge. My first Challenge...IF I can link properly. The horse is colored with copics in shades of gray, BG's, some R's, and some YR's. I debated on going back to change the mane to a very dark gray, decided I would just leave it alone. I also used some Letraset Metallics alcohol markers - my first try using these. The metallic was used on the gold pole, and really blobbed out of the tip...I tried the blue metallic on the blue trim around the chest area, looks better IRL, but I have a steep learning curve with these markers. I used some gold & silver textured foil paper - Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby, against a black card base. The image, all mats & card were diecut using Spellbinder Label one, in various sizes.

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful! What a gorgeous design! I am totally in love with this carousel horse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary this colorful carousel horse feels as if it could gallop right off your card. Beautiful design and fabulous Copic coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, your carousel is beautiful. Your coloring amazing. I've not gotten brave eough to try the Copics....I'm not sure I want another learning curve. I think this winter might be the time to give it a go. It's hotter than the dickens here (northern California). I'm really looking forward to winter. When I was a kid in Wisconsin, I remember it getting hot, but being a kid, I guess we just dealt with it. Plus we really had no option. Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words. I haven't done the linky thing....I'm using my little neighbor girl to do the drawing. Shopping was fun, I think whoever wins will be thrilled...the bag is filling fast! Keep entering.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow and double-wow!! This is breath-taking, Mary. I would simply frame it and set it proudly on display! I haven't taken up Copics either; just not ready for either the expense or the learning. I know I'll be hooked the minute I try them! I also know where to go for tips when I finally bite the bullet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks fabulous Mary.

    I have emailed you about the Lili of the Valley Cute Squares.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary you have some beautiful work on your blog. Thanks for visiting my blog. You asked about the sewing embossing folder, it is by sizzix -here's a link.
    http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/657671/sizzix-textured-impressions-embossing-folders-2pk-sewing-measuring-tape-set
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete