Followers

7/04/2012

July 4th

HAPPY JULY 4TH!!!!

Hello Bloggers and hope you are having a wonderful day celebrating with your loved ones. It's a day to be proud of our country, reflect on the freedoms we enjoy, and remember all of those who fought to earn those freedoms for us. This is the only 4th of July card that I made (and it  is for DH). Cardbase is white, strips of Vintage Nation design papers by Paper Studio were cut to fit the cardbase, then trimmed into a V shape, using a square punch. Added Red, White & Blue stars at the bottom as some bling. The focal image is Lady Liberty, by Art Impressions. I realized I have very few patriotic stamps, so I'll have to be on the lookout for some items to add to my collection. Lady Liberty was stamped with Momento's new Grey Flannel ink, then sponged with Distress Ink Faded Jeans. Used scissors to cut it out, popped up from the card surface. It was a fast card as I decided at the last minute (about midnight last evening!) that I really 'should' make a card for Hubby. The inside has an eagle stamped along with a flag, with the sentiment Happy 4th of July. I used some of the stars stripe to edge both sides of the insert. Be safe and enjoy the day. Thanks for stopping in.







2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday, Mary! And thank you for my birthday wishes! I think your card for our nation's birthday is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th July Mary!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete