Followers

4/03/2012

Velveteen technique Birthday Card

One last post today, since I missed posting a few days. I used the velveteen technique once again, with the Hero Arts 3 Ferns stamp to make a birthday card. Spellbinder Octagon shapes were used to cut & mat, then I had a new Sizzix embossing folder I thought I'd try. I inked the folder with Archival Veridian dye ink, then embossed. I thought the effect was pretty. Then had to try a way to use it on the card so that it didn't overpower. The butterfly is an MS punch, and I used Glossy Accents on it (only one coat, could have used another coat to get better shine) to try to get it to show up better. The sentiment was cut with a S/binder fancy tag, brushed the Veridian ink around the edges, applied some pearls.

6 comments:

  1. Found it Mary! Don't fret, I'm adding this card into the playground as well right this minute and will email you to go through how to link. Happy Easter. Love, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. I am lucky enough to be getting this stamp in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to play with it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Come and sit by me on the Snippet Playground bench so you can tell me all about velveteen technique. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful snippet make Mary, love the colour. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a veautiful card you had done and welcome to Snippets Playground! Can I sit with you and Sandra to learn about the velveteen technique please? We can then fill you in all about looking after chickens!! Corn Corn got some Corn? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous snippet card. So delicate and pretty too. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, what a pretty pretty card...love the colors you've used. Very nice. Welcome to blogville....I'm always learning and the others on the playground are very helpful. Have a great week, see you again soon, I hope!

    ReplyDelete