Followers

4/12/2012

Penny Black Sticker Card

Hello and thanks for dropping by. I had watched a video on Jill Foster's Inspired By blog, remembered that I had some Penny Black stickers from years ago.(When Birds Sing - #10-192-2007). Hunted them down, and tried my hand at her technique.
I applied the sticker to lightweight cardstock, trimmed. Used cryogen white paper which had been sponged with Tim Holtz Distress inks (colors were Antique Linen, Bundled Sage, and Faded Jeans). I just kept sponging on with the applicator until I liked the look. I was trying for something that looked good with the sticker background. Then I took Impression Obsession's Create A Card stamp Script (CC050), inked it with Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink(Deep Lagoon); using the I/O Mega Mount with the CAC stamp, stamped the distressed cardstock. Popped up the sticker with foam tape. Applied this layer to a piece of navy blue cardstock (think it was Paper Studio, as it's not as heavyweight as Bazzill). I'm learning that the lighter one can keep cards that are intended for mailing, the less postage you need to use! (Ask me how I learned that!). The card looked a bit plain, so I scrounged up silver border trim stickers, added some of those using the Tim Holtz pick tool to make it easier to put the very thin strips onto the card. I had planned to use this for a sympathy or thinking of you type card. Got a note from a cousin today, and find I do need a sympathy card. I always have to make cards in a hurry, so I'm trying to get a supply made up for different occasions, so all I have to do, is add the appropriate sentiment and/or a text appropriate insert. Hope you like this one. It's very simple. Here's the link to the Jill Foster blog (April 9, 2012)...http://stampinginspiredby.blogspot.com/; then the link on her blog goes to the Penny Black Blog, which has the video. It's very well done.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Mary, I love your card! The background is just perfect with the Penny Black sticker :) Thanks for saying how you did it too - also for the link. How are you doing with those instructions I sent BTW?

    I had to make sympathy cards today too :(

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card Mary...love the colors and I would never have known it was a sticker. Love those stickers of Penny Black. I loved your write up too...detailed and clear so even I could duplicate it! Glad you posted it. Keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete